1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Manager, Engineering Information Systems is a strategic leader, and the key point of contact and senior consultant for product design data management support. Overall responsibility to plan, coordinate and participate in development and improvement of the Engineering Information Systems (EIS), for the efficient and consistent workings across the Applied Water Systems (AWS) Business Unit. Designs, recommends, procures and implements future systems that are used to support engineering, product management, and marketing initiatives. This position must interface with the Information Technology department and users of Marketing and Engineering data, while effectively managing both data and people.
Maintain planning and implementation of new builds or releases of the XIS Engineering Systems, primarily PTC PDMLink, PTC Creo Parametric, and other Engineering related software
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Analyze existing systems and help plan the future state in a Continuous Improvement setting
- Research systems that will aid Engineering Information solutions to product data management
- Create, build and setup the infrastructure and network needed to support product development
- Organize and maintain a technical documentation database related to all AWS products produced
- Supervise a support staff of engineers, designers and drafters to coordinate plans and schedules with other departments to assure efficient transmission of product engineering information
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance of the applications
- Supports projects and teams related to Engineering Systems applications
- Provide enterprise-wide administration and support of Engineering Systems applications
- Roadmap future architecture for data flow between products and internal/external customers
- Champion XIS Engineering Systems applications throughout the organization
- Act as the technical resource for manufacturing, sales and customers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, science or a related technical field required
- MS or MBA a plus, MIS or CS preferred
- 3+ years' experience in the use of PTC Windchill required, and strong familiarity with the most current Product Lifecycle Management systems and methods, CAD systems and tools, project management, content management systems, and IT systems communication/interactions
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Industrial Product Design Engineering with processes/systems
- 2+ years of direct supervisory or lead experience on technical personnel or programs
- Ability to understand business processes and the means of using information system tools to map and integrate them together into an effective process system
- Demonstrate tool proficiency in Microsoft suite, Pro-E/CREO, PDMLink, Configured product, Safety agency regulations
- Management competency in change management, coaching, counseling, and confidentiality
- Preferred three (3) or more years of experience in the use, implementation, configuring, testing, administration of PTC Creo Parametric with experience in Creo Simulate
- Technical competency in pumping technology, electronic controls, business values, project mgmt.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technology concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary and virtual teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals, including procedures to subordinate engineers with various skill sets
- Articulate and skillful at creating regular written information outputs – English language fluency
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility – currently remote
- Demands are typical of office work, manufacturing plant and in the test lab.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting but the role can also be 100% remote
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.