Pembroke Crossing Apartments in Virginia Beach, VA
Pembroke Realty Group: Apartment Division
Leasing Specialist Job Description
Overview: The Leasing Specialist is the community’s sales representative whose primary duties are to greet clients, to present professionally the features and benefits of their assigned community, properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons and perform associated administrative duties. A leasing specialist is very service oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community. The leasing specialist will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action of decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct all business in accordance with Pembroke Commercial Realty’s policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- Maintain a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing offices and other areas where prospective residents and current residents meet.
- Inspect models and “market ready” vacancies daily to insure cleanliness.
- Oversee cleanliness of the office, kitchen, bathrooms, and amenities including performing light house-keeping duties and submitting work order requests for items that need to be addressed.
- Answer incoming phone calls or emails handling each accordingly, whether it is a prospect, client or irate resident, etc. Transfer calls to Senior or Regional Property Manager when appropriate.
- Accept work order requests from current residents and follow up on completion of work orders to ensure resident satisfaction.
- Greet prospective residents, determine needs and preferences and qualify. Tour property, models and amenities with prospect, professionally present the community and specific apartments while communicating features and benefits. Driving to off-site models may be required.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contribute ideas to management for marketing community and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Occasionally will be asked to perform external market outreach at nearby businesses, organizations, etc.
- Correctly and efficiently process all lease applications in a timely manner, assist with application verification and notify prospective residents of results. Prepare move-in packages and review lease agreements with prospect at time of move-in. Prepare miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Complete all lease paperwork including related addenda and accept rental and/or utility payments and deposits.
- Processing of payables.
- Physically inspect community when on grounds, report any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Responsible for scheduling approved contractors for apartment turns and work needed at assigned community as directed by management.
- Inspect property regularly for lease violations.
- Inventory office supplies on periodic basis and reports needs to management.
- Organize and file appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
- Assist with the maintaining of weekly traffic reports, monthly corporate reports, resident communication, move-out inventory, market surveys, etc.
- Work hours: 40 hours per week. Our offices are open seven days a week and will require weekend availability.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by management.
The following qualifications are required for the Leasing Specialist position. Any misrepresentation of qualifications at the time of hire may result in termination of employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to solve problems and to communicate effectively with residents, co-workers and management.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Possess positive outlook and personal integrity.
- Loyalty to employer.
- Excellent leasing and closing skills.
- Basic computer skills and good organizational skills.
- Ability to walk property, climb stairs, bend, kneel, squat, stretch and lift up to fifteen (15) pounds.
- Employee will need to utilize personal transportation to inspect apartment community, travel between communities or make trips back and forth to corporate office.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance with reliable transportation available at all times.
- Mileage will be reimbursed as required per the Mileage Policy
- Employees will be required to take various industry related classes, courses, and seminars from time to time in accordance with our Continuing Education Policy.
- Fair Housing Certification through the Department of Professional and Occupational Regulations is required to be current.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- One location