The Operator will operate, maintain, and repair high-pressure water blasting equipment and industrial vacuuming equipment necessary to perform the safe and proper removal, containment, transportation, and disposal of both hazardous and non-hazardous materials within heavy industrial settings. Operators perform the general labor activities of a Hydroblast Technician as well as operate water blasting and industrial vacuum equipment associated with hazardous and non-hazardous waste cleanup. The operator will need to perform the day-to-day check-ups and maintenance keep equipment running smooth and efficiently. The operator must know how to troubleshoot the vacuum equipment and hydro blasting equipment on the job.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate industrial vacuum truck, high-pressure industrial water blasters, and other necessary equipment on various projects.
- Identify mechanical problems of assigned equipment, perform minor mechanical repair, and/or communicate such problems to necessary person for speedy repairs.
- Perform decontamination process of assigned equipment safely and effectively as required by specific project and Company policy, preventing cross contamination between equipment and/or job sites.
- Perform physical labor duties as directed by assigned Crew Leader, Supervisor, and/or Account Manager, including all tasks associated with Industrial Cleaning Technicians.
- Follow specific procedures and directions without cutting corners.
- Work 12-hour shifts with flexibility; on-call 24/7.
- Work safely in and around heavy machinery in loud, hazardous, and heavy industrial settings.
- Ability to work in extreme temperature environments anywhere between 80 degrees and 140 degrees.
- Ability to work at high elevations from ground level more than 250 feet.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 21 years or older
- If medically qualified, you must obtain Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must have completed the minimum qualifications of a Technician and an Operator.
- Physically capable of performing all duties and responsibilities assigned
- Understands verbal and written instructions
- Able to travel
- Able to work weekends and holidays
- Industry related experience preferred
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works in atmospheres and locations with potential for exposure to various chemicals, some of which may be hazardous, toxic, or corrosive.
- Lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting 25 lbs. overhead ten to fifteen times per twelve-hour shift.
- Up to 50 lbs. overhead five to ten times per twelve-hour shift.
- Ability to climb ladders in heights of up to 250 feet.
- Exposure to extreme climate, including but not limited to sub-freezing and high temperatures up to 140 degrees.
ENVIROVAC OFFERS FULL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and accidental death insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Income Protection
- 401k with generous match
- Career advancement opportunities
- Travel per diem and travel pay
- Sign On Bonus - Paid After 90 Days
LEARN MORE ABOUT ENVIROVAC BY CLICKING HERE
EnviroVac is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. EnviroVac does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.