Among other duties, the Account Executive sells personal lines products to current and prospective clients, and manages accounts on the agency’s management systems.
REQUIRED: Click here to complete the pre-employment assessment associated with this position._*
The duties listed below may not include all responsibilities that the person in this role may be asked to perform. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties, as assigned, including cross training across other departments, as necessary.
- Sells personal lines products to current and prospective clients
- Manages the accounts of current clients
- Inputs and performs maintenance of account information on the agency’s management systems
- Creates proposals and processes commissions on the system
- Inspects properties in person
- Performs various administrative duties, such as copying, scanning and filing
- Participates in job specific training and other various Bank training programs, as necessary
- Maintains current knowledge of internal risk controls and loss prevention, including reporting of suspicious or unusual customer activity per Bank policy
- Maintains current knowledge and complies with all federal and state laws and regulations and all established Bank policies and procedures, including internal audit controls related to department operations
- Maintains current knowledge of all rules, regulations, and laws as they apply to BSA/OFAC/USA Patriot Act/CIP/AML
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of sales and bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred
- An additional minimum of one year of accounting and customer service experience is preferred
- Property and casualty license preferred or acquired within 3 months of hire date
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Excellent verbal, communication and math skills
- PC literacy, typing 40-50 wpm, telephone, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Hardworking and self-starting team player with a professional attitude
- Good customer service, organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks with frequent interruptions
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is desired
- This position reports to the Insurance Agency General Manager
- This position does not oversee other positions
All employees are required to attend scheduled mandatory trainings and complete online regulatory compliance training courses applicable to their specific job function. In all situations, employees must ensure that their actions fully comply with all federal laws and regulations, including internal policies and procedures. Failure to adhere to these requirements will be grounds for disciplinary action, including probation and possible termination.
Lone Star Insurance Services’ Mission Statement includes a commitment to helping our communities grow by serving them with pride and integrity. All employees are encouraged to volunteer for company sponsored activities, civic, charitable and community events and to be active in the communities we serve.
Punctuality and regular attendance should be regarded as essential functions of any position at Lone Star Insurance Services.
Among other things, "good attendance habits" mean the following:
- Be at your work station ready for work by the start of each workday
- Remain at your work station, unless the needs of the job require being elsewhere, except during authorized breaks (including restroom breaks)
- Take only the time normally allowed for breaks
- Call in and notify your supervisor or another member of management if you are going to be either absent or tardy
- Alternate work arrangements such as telecommuting or working from home are not permitted by Lone Star Insurance Services
LSIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* and does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status as protected by applicable laws.
Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Location: 520 E Nolana Ave, McAllen, TX 78504
Job Type: Full-time