Regional Vice President, Small to Medium Business (Biz Tech)
Sales & Business Development | San Francisco, California
If this position is eligible for remote employment in the US, the employee can work remotely in all but the following states: Alaska, Colorado, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what's right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better. And for that, you'll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Sales & Business Development teams collaborate with customers and partners across the globe to help them leverage the DocuSign Agreement Cloud to transform the entire system of agreement process—from preparing to signing, acting on, and managing contracts and other types of agreements. Our team partners with some of the largest, most innovative companies in the world in dozens of industries to bring the power of DocuSign to more customers. Whether you are selling to a small business or a large enterprise, you will apply your extensive knowledge of our solutions, and leverage our strategic partnerships to help our customers grow their top and bottom line.
The Regional Vice President manages and motivates a team of Account Executives (AEs) to achieve individual sales quotas where targets will be prospects within an assigned geographic (GEO) territory, with a focus on High Tech and Business Services verticals. This sales leader will measure, monitor, and hold AEs accountable for their activities and results as well as lead by example. They are also required to assist in making account calls with AEs, assist in account health monitoring, and effectively maintain DocuSign's value within accounts as well as deliver and coach sales demos via Zoom Meeting tool. This leader will mentor each AE individually while also building a strong cohesive, collaborative team. They will also be responsible for monitoring forecasting efforts and delivering on quota.
This position is a people manager role reporting to the Area Vice President, Commercial sales and is designated Flex.
- Develop and execute upgrade/renewal process and strategies and ensure compliance to internal data management and reporting, including use of Salesforce.com
- Assess sales activities and forecasts to determine sales progress and required improvements
- Recommend and implement improvements to achieve sales goals
- Coach AEs to develop their sales skills including market management, forecasting, prospecting within account base, negotiations, and other necessary skills; while maintaining individual accountability to goals
- Provide value in complex negotiations and the closing of new business, including appropriate use of Senior Sales and Corporate Executives to maximize results
- Work with each AE to develop and implement vertical-wide business and sales plans to achieve sales quota
- Identify and support opportunities for the training and professional development of department personnel
- 4+ years of sales team management experience, specifically within software sales
- 8+ years prior experience selling software in a quota-carrying role
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated ability to consistently generate revenue and exceed quota by managing process for identifying, qualifying, and closing new business as well as and not limited to growing an existing install base
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective business, sales, and vertical market plans
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate and close complex contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify new, creative ways to drive more businesses to purchase and utilize DocuSign's diverse solution suite
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people's lives. And we help save the world's forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It's important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at [email protected]