Product Marketing Manager
Kitchener (Remote) - Full Time
The team at Encircle is leading the $2 Trillion Property Insurance industry out of the dark ages of pen and paper processes into the digital age of transparency and empowerment.
Our mission is to eliminate the key factors that prevent property insurance policyholders from getting ‘back to normal’ after one of the worst days of their lives.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for our first Product Marketing Manager to articulate our product’s value proposition in a way that is clear and helps to articulate the problems we are trying to solve in this unique industry. We are looking for someone who is excited about tracking performance and using data to shape decisions. A successful product marketer at Encircle will know our competitors inside and out, and be able to know what their plans for the future are. With strategic insights, and market evidence, you will use experience, knowledge and data to create and position messaging.
You’ll be working alongside a world-class team of intelligent, hard-working and humble product managers, designers, engineers, marketers and customer success managers to continuously improve the Encircle solution, trusted by restoration contractors in Canada, US, UK and Australia. Your critical thinking, marketing expertise, product sense, and empathy for our customers will shape the product for these markets, and take the experience from good to great.
The ideal candidate will be a results driven marketer and have experience building a product marketing strategy and executing it, in a scale up environment like ours.
In this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Drive the launch of new products and services, features and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan together with our Product Management and Marketing teams.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning, messaging and content that resonates with our target buyer personas.
- Develop and continually refine our product positioning and messaging for our target market segments and provide proof points with compelling customer stories and use cases.
- Participate in customer and prospect meetings to support Sales with product communication.
- Develop sales enablement tools and collateral to support the customer journey from awareness, lead generation to sales opportunity with the goal to help drive revenue.
- Conduct Market Intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who they are, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Take ownership in creating relevant content assets such as slide decks, solution briefs, case studies, videos, website copy, and blog posts.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, product, and customer success during the design and execution of go-to-market programs, product launches, feature releases, and all associated content.
- 5+ years experience as a product marketing manager or related roles
- Post secondary degree preferred (business, marketing or technical program is ideal)
- Knowledge of product marketing principles and frameworks
- Experience with mobile and web solutions is a bonus
- Experience working in a startup or fast-paced environment is preferred
What you will bring to the role
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Experience working cross functionally with Product Management, Development, Sales, Demand Generation and Marketing
- Proven experience with the Go To Market process and building effective plans to bring new product to market
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; experience with creating compelling product positioning and content to be leveraged across a variety of platforms
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with teams across the organization
This role reports directly to the CEO.
Encircle is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided by Encircle throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.