Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for an amazing Art Director/Designer to join our team.
The Art Director/Designer will interact with departmental teams to translate strategies and directions into impactful creative that follows brand standards. This individual will accomplish that through collaboration with the Industry Content Writer to produce conceptual, meaningful deliverables.
Adept in design principles and technical applications, the designer will produce a range of creative materials including but not limited to web, collateral, advertising, infographics, social and digital banners, emails, event design, photography, and templates relating to those channels.
The Art Director/Designer will also interact with the video producer to ensure proper graphical treatment is achieved in live action and motion graphics. This person understands how to monitor quality and bring marketing messages to life.
The Art Director/Designer will report to the Global Head of Brand and Content, with a dotted line to the VP of Marketing North America, and work to deliver to teams located in NA. This individual will work across departmental teams and produce marketing materials across our web, digital, print and social touch points, as well as deliver needed materials for the Automation and CX teams.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do:
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for:
For this particular role we are seeking people with the following experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in Fine Arts, Communications Design, or related field
- 3+ years of art direction experience at a design studio, branding agency, advertising agency, or with a B2B or consumer brand
- Great portfolio
- Solid level experience in concepting campaigns
- Interest and experience working with photography would be advantageous
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing/advertising, integrated campaigns and principles related to art direction and design
- Experience with photo and video shoots
- Experience working multiple stakeholders, inc. writers, designers, and video producers
- Great eye for color, typography, branding, creatively-led campaigns
- High-level of competency in all the key graphic software inc Adobe CS tools including InDesign
- A good understanding of creativity from digital – print – animation - video
- Strategic thinking
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills; ability to build rapport
- Project-management skills to manage projects and drive to deadline
- Keen creative intelligence and love for finding the human element in every story
- Agility, responsiveness, and humour
- A self-motivated and positive person that collaborates well with others, and enjoys being accountable for their work and the larger team
A typical day for you may look like this:
- Develop strong working relationships with freelance designers
- Work with the Global Head of Content & regional teams to support business priorities
- Work with the local teams to ensure content and creative quality output
- Ideation and concepting – develop ideas and concepts, produce compelling commercially focused creative campaigns across a variety of formats from initial creative concept development through to execution
- Creative execution – works with content writers to develop creative ideas
- Curating Nearmap image library – sources, crops aerial images for creative usage across campaigns and channels, and curates the image library
- Present to stakeholders – present to and manage key stake holders from initial ideas through to production and execution
- Production and asset preparation – create and prepare editable and layered hi-res assets in the format according to the channel
- Art direction – attend photoshoots, video shoots, brief retouchers and editing videos etc
- Follow brand guidelines and maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables
- Fosters efficient and effective processes for creative development and execution and proactively looks for ways to improve and evolve
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.