The People Ops Specialist is responsible for supporting the People Team by owning our New Hire/Onboarding experience, and ensuring from even before day one, we are building a culture that excites our team members, sets them up for success, connects them to our mission and values, helps them thrive, and continuously grow within Abnormal Security. The People Ops Specialist will report to the Head of HR.
Who you are:
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Process improvement and project management fanatic
- Understanding of design thinking and the importance of customer centricity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for communicating ideas and information clearly, accurately, and tactfully verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment with proven ability to organize, prioritize work (re-prioritize work), and ensure timely deliverables.
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, has good judgment, proven problem solving skills with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Driven, self-motivated, and enthusiastic approach with a "can do" attitude.
- Flexible approach, able to operate effectively with uncertainty and change.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action.
- Strong analytical skills, independent thinking and reasoning ability.
- Customer centric and empathetic.
- You will become an expert at demonstrating our values.
- You are innovative, recognizing that the future of work is changing and onboarding is the first to evolve with it.
What you'll do:
- Manage a portfolio of employee experience initiatives in areas including, but not limited to, performance management, employee growth, leadership and management development training, employee recognition programs, diversity & inclusion.
- Help identify new opportunities for People Team initiatives through data, analytics, insights, and design thinking with surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and employee representatives.
- Lead new hire orientation our new hire Bootcamp by scheduling, facilitating, and delivering virtual presentations.
- Act as a brand and values ambassador and liaison to new hires for general inquiries. Communicate new hire onboarding responsibilities to new hires including, but not limited to I-9, Tax Withholding, Direct Deposit and Benefit Enrollment processes.
- Communicate onboarding responsibilities for hiring managers using both written and verbal communication for onboarding experience quality control. Document new hire questions and onboarding process issues so we can continue to optimize our onboarding experience. Develop new solutions, test and troubleshoot any issues within the onboarding process to ensure a smooth experience.
- Implement and drive initiatives that will promote our values, improve organizational effectiveness and our overall employee experience.
- Use critical thinking to iterate, build on, and innovate new ways to foster best-in-class employee engagement.
- Support People Team initiatives through effective communication, best-in-class implementation plans and facilitate global adoption.
- Assist with the successful execution of all of our internal employee experiences that foster a hybrid work culture such as, Abnormal Business School, but not limited to, global onsites, monthly activities, team bonding, and employee recognition.
- Be a champion and advocate of our mission, values and culture by fostering values-driven solutions to our challenges.
Experience you'll need:
- 2-4+ years of relevant work experience in onboarding, training, customer success or leadership development.
- Knowledge of onboarding best practices and the ability to apply said practices within our Onboarding Process.
- Experience delivering cross functional projects in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, or extensive knowledge of process improvement and project management.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal and organizational skills for communicating to team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong computer skills, including GSuite, Rippling, Greenhouse, Zoom and Microsoft Office.
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can't - advanced attacks that have never been seen before - and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we're on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.