We believe in the power and joy of learning
At Cengage Group, our employees have a direct impact in helping students around the world discover the power and joy of learning. We are bonded by our shared purpose – driving innovation that helps millions of learners improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.
Our culture values diversity, engagement, and discovery
Our business is driven by our strong culture, and we know that creating an inclusive and diverse workplace is absolutely essential to the success of our company and our learners, as well as our individual well-being. We recognize the value of diverse perspectives in everything we do, and strive to ensure employees of all levels and backgrounds feel empowered to voice their ideas and bring their authentic selves to work. We achieve these priorities through inclusive programs, benefits, and initiatives that are integrated into the fabric of how we work every day. To learn more, please see https://www.cengagegroup.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity/ .
At Gale, a Cengage company, we deliver essential content through the power of technology to help researchers and learners to achieve their goals.
As a Gale employee, you will change the way learners connect with libraries. Together with our partners at libraries and in academic communities around the world, you will play a role in empowering people to become better at school, work and life. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
What you will do here:
With a focus on product training and support, the Trainer, Academic Outreach & Engagement drives usage of Gale products across North American campuses by providing onsite and remote training for academics, students, and Gale sales staff on the entire Gale product portfolio. This position attends trade shows, responds to sales questions and requests, and collaborates on market research. This position works with colleagues from Product Development to learn more about upcoming product releases and liaise with Customer Success & Installation about trials and usage statistics. In addition, this role meets with students at Outreach sessions to hear how they are using Gale resources and attend academic conferences.
This position requires flexibility to travel throughout the territory, and some travel outside the territory for conferences. Travel may also on occasion take place over weekends.
- Cultivate and maintain extensive product knowledge of a large and growing product list in order to demonstrate products across the entire academic product portfolio
- Seek out and build new relationships with faculty (primarily) and end users across Universities in North America (the Gale Outreach & Engagement team work closely with universities and colleges who have purchased our resources to help them get the most out of the content)
- Effectively coordinate and attend customer training sessions both onsite and remotely
- Meet with academics to share details about our recent product releases, give resource demonstrations and to hear more about the library/campus’s current needs. Regularly discuss how Gale resources can be used to support faculty research and their curriculum
- Create course correlations and faculty research area alignments that support the acquisition of new resources as well as generate usage on existing Gale resources
- Provide pre-sales support by working with sales staff to deliver product presentations which match customer needs and initiate key faculty relationships
- Provide post-sales support for sales staff and customers through the provision of product training sessions
- Represent Gale at key industry events such as conferences, exhibitions, and trade shows
- With direction from the Director of Academic Engagement, create conference program proposals that incorporate both standard practices of academics and Gale content/resources
- Support internal teams such as sales, product development, and marketing by providing content and product expertise
- Use various channels to promote training activity, especially contributing to Gale’s Academic Blog and social media channels
Skills you will need here:
- Minimum of 2 years’ related training, marketing, or sales experience (sales experience requires consistent goal achievement)
- Excellent Presentation skills, and ability to speak in front of large groups
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and be web proficient
- Ability to use PowerPoint as a training backdrop not as a delivery tool
- Strong personal organizational skills desired
- Familiarity of library research solutions
- Ability to travel up to 50%, with overnight stays
- A customer-focused demeanor
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships between key partners within large academic institutions
- Capacity to absorb product information, and to maintain and develop extensive product knowledge
- Passion with a self-motivated, dynamic demeanor
- Ability to connect with all levels of personnel both internally and externally, and with both native and non-native English speakers
- Possess genuine passion and interest in humanities
- Solid communication skills, to enhance your ability to work with numerous academics and librarians
- Some experience of sale skills/soft skill training preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, Vidyard for creating training materials preferred
- Familiar with learning management systems such as Canvas, Blackboard, D2L preferred
- Proficiency in non-English languages (French or Spanish) preferred
Cengage Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage Group is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
About Cengage Group
Cengage Group, a global education technology company serving millions of learners, provides affordable, quality digital products and services that equip students with the skills and competencies needed to be job ready. For more than 100 years, we have enabled the power and joy of learning with trusted, engaging content, and now, integrated digital platforms. We serve the higher education, workforce skills, secondary education, English language teaching and research markets worldwide. Through our scalable technology, including MindTap and Cengage Unlimited, we support all learners who seek to improve their lives and achieve their dreams through education.