Your next adventure at VMware is only a click away!
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
VMware is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our fast-growing Cloud Data Protection and Disaster Recovery as a Service product team. VMware customers across all segments and industries are rapidly adopting VMware Cloud services offered in partnership with the major public clouds.
The Storage & Availability Product Management team in VMware is chartered with providing storage and availability services for VMware Cloud on AWS and partner offerings such as Azure VMware Services, Google Cloud VMware Engine and Oracle Cloud VMware Services. You will be part of an action-oriented team that has a culture of open communication, empowerment, innovation, teamwork, and customer success. We are looking for someone with a strong understanding of Storage and Data Protection technologies, and the drive and desire to define and evangelize the set of features and solutions that will support VMware Cloud's growth.
Given the current state of the program, we are looking for Product Managers that thrive and excel in the early phases of definition of a product, are not scared of large scope or complexity, and are truly passionate about solving customer problems.
Role and Responsibilities
- As a Senior Product Manager, you will be a key member of the Product team and in charge of product definition, roadmap, and direction of VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery features. You will work cross-functionally with user experience, engineering, marketing, sales, and customer success to create innovative services.
- You will be responsible for customer and market research that you will use to define the strategy for your area of responsibility and present that strategy to internal stakeholders and customers. This may include defining product-market fit and market sizing.
- You will produce a clear MVP definition and roadmap and working collaboratively with engineering to execute on it through proper prioritization.
- You will work to bring the customer and their needs closer to the development team through research, customer engagements and involving customers in the incremental progress of the evolving product.
- You will partner with users, customers, and account teams to facilitate successful customer proof of concept deployments.
- You will present technical presentations to customers, partners, and the field, and also gather feedback to influence product and solution offerings.
- Able to breakdown complex problems into simple solutions
- Obsess about customers, users and their needs
- Passionate technologists, ready to evangelize within and outside of VMware
- Strong collaboration and communications skills
- 4+ years of experience as a product manager, product marketing manager, technical marketing manager
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings and experience with delivering cloud-based services highly desirable.
- Experience working with and understanding the needs of enterprise developers, application and platform teams.
- Good technical skills and comfortable in front of internal solutions architects, customers, and partners.
- Extensive experience with data-driven decision-making
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies and tools.
- Strong propensity to drive for results as part of a high performing team.
- Previous experience as a developer a plus.
If you are interested (or would like to nominate someone else), please fill out the application here. We believe diversity is important at all levels. We encourage everyone who is interested in the role to apply!
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-08-05
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.