SUMMARY: The position of BDM is a full-time salaried position and your responsibilities in general will include achieving sales and/or profitability objectives, typically from new clients or accounts. BDM identify marketplace opportunities, prospect, and engage new clients, develop proposals, and manage the contract process. This includes consulting with clients on business issues, delivering presentations, resolving sales issues and make recommendations for new services or enhancements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, nurture and execute pipeline in collaboration with Marketing, Partners and Business Development Representatives (BDR’s) to drive new business.
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to closing business.
- Coordinate and lead responses to RFIs/RFPs, Requests for Information, and pricing requests.
- Present proposals in a professional manner to prospects.
- Provide feedback to management and Marketing/Sales team on prospect reactions and questions about our Client’s solutions.
- Collaborate with other Client team members including presales, product, operations, and legal.
- Travel throughout sales territory.
- Ensures opportunities are accurately reflected and maintained in CRM, providing weekly updates, monthly projections and quarterly committed forecasts of sales activity and volume to the Sales management team.
- Attend conferences and industry related events as requested.
- Prepare for meetings and tailor communications to address business needs of potential clients as part of the pre-sales process.
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent direct sales experience of telecommunications Industry within the US.
- Proven experience selling multi-million-dollar deals, meeting, and overachieving quota.
- Experience selling Telecomm Solutions to Fortune 500s, High Tech industry Ability to understand financial data relationships and how that data can be used to solve business problems.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining executive level relationships.
- Superior written, verbal, and strong public speaking skills and the ability to communicate technical information professionally when presenting information to prospects or internally.
- Strength in strategic, conceptual, and consultative selling.
- Experience using CRM sales applications.
- Excellent negotiating and professional networking skills.
- Travel requirement up to 50 percent of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Do you have any experience selling services for the construction side of data center builds?
- Describe any experience you have related to low voltage, structured cabling?
- What type of experience do you have selling data center development services, sales in manufacturing with telecom/electrical products, or wholesale distribution business for electrical, communications and data networking products?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Business Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Data center: 1 year (Preferred)
- On the road
- Temporarily due to COVID-19