VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 Enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The VMware Global Account Program serves approximately 100 of VMware’s largest customers. Our selling is focused on our customers primary business initiatives and connecting our value to our customers business value. Our Value Selling strategy is the investment of time, talent and technology from VMWare and our partners to invent (transform) our customers business for their benefit. This strategic objective is being accomplished using a highly focused and experienced account management, marketing, and engineering teams, as well as substantial executive level engagement.
At VMware we currently have the opportunity within our presale organization for a Global Solution Engineer (GSE) to join our team.
Are you looking to become a member of a talented team and help shape with future of business in a digital world? If so, we would love to hear from you! VMware is a dynamic and innovative company and a great place to work.
As a VMware GSE you will play a role in building and sustaining specific customer relationships while driving the adoption of VMware solutions and exceeding our revenue goals. In this role you will work closely with your assigned Global Accounts Sales and Pre-Sales counterparts and the extended VMware support teams to build relationships and align with customers’ outcomes within the defined account plan. As a GSE your role will be impactful, visible, and rewarding.
Job Role and Responsibility:
- Work closely within assigned Sales team (Global Account Manager and Global Solution Consultant) and supporting specialists to collaborate on customer solutions as defined by the account plan
- Understand the customer's high-level IT objectives, and match VMware solutions as necessary to achieve customer's business and technical requirements.
- Build relationships within the assign customer territory and become a trusted adviser for customers across defined areas of their business.
- Continuously develop and expand the knowledge of the customer business/mission and take the initiative in creating solutions that address customer business/mission needs using the VMware portfolio along with third-party solutions as appropriate.
- Present VMware value proposition, vision and technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to customer roles including senior IT leaders, technical management, and technical engineers
- Work with customers to obtain technical validation of proposed solution, and build high-level drawings, through demo, presentations or proof of concepts.
- Assist with financial and infrastructure data collection and creation of customer ROI/TCO reports
- Assist with preparation of proposals, contribute to statements of work, and various supporting documents for your customer.
- Identify new customer projects for VMware solutions, and participate in demand generating events and activities
- Provide consistent field reporting, and data input
- Pre-sales or customer facing experience with strong relationship building skills.
- Experience in positioning/selling Professional Services as part of Solution Selling.
- Ability to comprehend and stay current in the latest VMware technologies.
- Ability to effectively present to audiences and adjust to level of role and understanding, being able to gracefully handle objections
- Dedication to quality work, attention to detail and sense of urgency and ownership of work deliverables
- Ability to uncover business challenges and objectives and develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges.
- A balanced infrastructure and software engineering background.
- VMware certification including VCP or equivalent VMware hands-on experience preferred.
- Software development experience a plus.
- Master’s Degree in technical field a plus.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
Global Accounts: VMware’s Global Account team plays a vital role in our company’s success. We serve more than 100 of VMware’s largest customers, who contribute more than $1 billion a year in new product and services revenue. We’re obsessed with our customers’ success, and we’re laser-focused on finding new ways to help them overcome challenges, generate greater revenue, and exceed their business goals. Our key strategy is called Co-Innovation, where we work with customers to apply the right talent and technology from VMware and our partners to transform the customer’s business for their benefit. Are you ready to help us grow VMware’s presence among our premier customers? As part of our team, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge, experience, and confidence to boldly drive new business solutions for some of the world’s largest and most influential companies.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Systems Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-09
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.