Updated: Jul 8, 2021
Department: Business & Network Development
The incumbent is responsible for the development and implementation of growth strategies focused on physicians, medical groups, hospital partners, health plans and community based organizations. This position will nurture relationships with identified partners within their specific service area for the purpose of increasing utilization of UC Irvine Health physicians and services. Develops multiple methods and services to strengthen relationships and meet the needs of physicians in the marketplace. Technical leader with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in specific areas.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Health System
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to understand and provide service area intelligence to aid strategic development, operational flows and business growth initiatives
- Demonstrates excellent organizational abilities, mature interpersonal relationships, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related area.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties
- Masters preferred, MBA, MHA
- Previous experience working in business development, sales, marketing, or related job in the Orange County healthcare market
- Experience and knowledge of health care industry trends, with knowledge of medical center or health system product lines and services.
- Knowledge of University and medical center organizations, policies, procedures and forms
Physical, Mental, & Environmental Demands