Title of Job: Solutions Design Drafter
Reports To: Director of Sales/Director of Business Development/Engineering Department
Start Date: Immediately
Our Awesome Company
- Our culture is unique - we know that the hard work our team puts in coupled with the family-style atmosphere at Grow Glide will continue to attract top talent. We firmly believe that attitude and aptitude are equally important as technical skills which is why we're so selective about building an A-Team.
- We are all about Innovation & Simplicity, we create products that solve problems and are easy to use. We are cultivator-focused - what does that mean? Our solutions make life easier for horticulture and cannabis growers across the US and the world. We aren’t some arm of a mega-corporation, we're a grower-founded company and that point of view informs our work.
- We are a start-up company based out of California, US. We have a record of doubling in sales period over period and manage this through solid focus and an all-hands-on-deck attitude. We're looking for someone who wants to be with us full-time and long-term and not just looking for a 'stepping stone' in their career path.
- Respect, integrity, authenticity, agility, and ownership
Our Ideal Candidate (You!)
- You must be a team player and be able to work in a fast-paced environment using computers to communicate with employees and record pertinent information. Strong attention to detail is a MUST, so the correct information is recorded for customer inquiries and concerns.
- This position will join our high-performing Solutions Team and coordinate with our Engineering Team to help develop custom racking systems and racking accessories that improve the indoor agricultural experience. You will aid us in the development of detailed and dimensioned manufacturing packages to ensure product quality and consistency. You will need to analyze and understand the limitations of our product when developing custom, innovative, and challenging vertical growing facilities.
- Note: You will be provided with training and given support as needed to get you fully up and running with our operating systems.
- Familiar with Solidworks for over 2 years minimum.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the pipeline for drawing packets needed by the Solutions and Account Management departments
- Utilize online project management and communication tools to complete workflow in a transparent manner
- Assist the Account Management Department and Engineering as needed
- Keep CRM up to date
- May be required to attend Trade Shows as needed
Day to Day Projects
- Complete drawing packets for both soft and hard quotes
- Complete installation drawing packets for the installation team
- Daily/weekly meetings with Solutions Team
- Ownership of the drawing pipeline
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Accuracy of drawings generated
- Timeliness of drawings generated
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering
- 3+ years of SolidWorks and Drawing packet development experience
- 1+ years of experience using Autocad to import and manipulate floor plan layouts
- Knowledge of GD&T
- Experience with manipulating large assemblies and creating BOM’s
- Demonstrate a history of information documentation and communication
- Experience with G Suite such as Gmail, google drive, google docs
- Open and willing to learn new systems and work within company policies?
- A team player who contributes to the positive, high energy company culture
- Experience organizing and coordinating with other teams to achieve customer success
- Full-time; Salary paid biweekly
- Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm PST; weekends as needed
- Travel: as needed, covered by the company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Associate (Preferred)
- CAD: 2 years (Required)
- SolidWorks: 2 years (Required)
- Drawings: 2 years (Required)
- One location