This customer-facing role aims at developing and growing company’s business activities, revenue and EBITDA from new and existing market segments and channels. The highly competitive logistics markets demand an understanding of complex logistics solutions as well as an insightful knowledge of the competitive landscape of the covered territory. The focus will, however, be biased heavily (70/30) towards new customer acquisition in the “Midcap” range.
- Responsible for selling to new customers and meeting individual targets
- Develops, recommends and executes playbook for prioritized potential customers
- Contributes to developing business development strategies and creates annual business development plans for specific markets to reach required business objectives and revenue.
- Manages, maintains and grows existing client relations, while acquiring new clients. Develops a book of business and keeps Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool up to date to inform pipeline decision-making and prioritization.
- New Customer Acquisition – Research potential customers and compare them to a specified criterion defined as “MIdcap”. Make initial contact with the decision-making team and confirm their needs. Clearly demonstrate Neovia’s ability to meet/exceed their needs and create the appropriate value proposition. Deliver the value proposition in a compelling and influential way and negotiate all contractual areas to mutual satisfaction. Onboard the customer and be the conduit between the new customer and the operational team to ensure successful implementation.
- In close cooperation with the Marketing department, nurtures the company’s visibility on the market (e.g. organizing events, webinars or conferences to be attended by prospective clients, writing specialized blogs, publish business cases or articles in specialized magazines…) in order to generate new business.
- Processes regular competitor analyses so as to maintain market awareness, help determine appropriate prices for each solution, optimize the solution design and eventually win market shares.
- Analyses Requests for Quotation or Requests for Proposal and collects additional information whenever necessary Provides critical input on costs for each proposal and launch plans
- Provides critical input on customers to target
- Supports development of IP (business cases, white papers, etc.) to generate new business
- Account plan for each prioritized new customer within target area
- Closed deals, at target EBITDA rates, up to sales quota for the year
Cross Functional Interfaces:
- Supports development, pricing and sale of customer solutions (in collaboration with Ops, HR, IT, Finance, etc.) for new customers
- Supports launch (in collaboration with Operations)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in a related field
- At least 5 years job experience in an industrial/automotive company with customer facing experience and ‘general’ cross-functional operations, commercial, financial background
- Self-dependent, entrepreneurial, goal-orientated and accurate way of working within cross- functional and international, multi-cultural teams
- Proven track record in winning new business from non-customers
- Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting item weighing up to 15 pounds.