Intern, Business Analyst
Friday, August 6, 2021
Canada's Challenger Bank™
Equitable Bank manages over $35 billion in assets and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Group Inc. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company and has become Canada’s ninth largest Schedule I bank. Equitable Bank offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending, and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs.
At Equitable, we have no doubt that financial services are changing. Consumers increasingly prefer to interact remotely through digital channels and are less likely to visit brick and mortar locations. That’s why we launched EQ Bank in 2016. Its approach to simple and convenient banking makes it a strong contender in the industry. We believe there’s an opportunity for something different, to provide better service and a better deal for our customers through digital banking.
If you're looking for a workplace where employees are passionate about their work environment, then read on. What sets Equitable Bank apart from other companies is its culture. We celebrate and embrace the fabric of diversity, the employee engagement process and collectively take pride in our business successes. Our commitment to our customers, our partners and our employees creates a stimulating and exciting atmosphere that generates innovative products and outstanding service quality.
Purpose of the Job:
- Assist with the preparation of status reporting, quality assurance testing, artifact review, sign-off and archiving of project artifacts for accounting and finance
- Assist in the development and documentation of business requirements and test cases to ensure requirements are met.
- Applying accounting knowledge and business experience in providing support to departments in troubleshooting, tracking, and root cause analysis of financial system related issues.
- Communication with various departments to understand each product and prepares …
- Assist with analyzing data and finance/operational process to identify, research and provide recommendations for process improvement
- Assist with the execution of project plan to remediate identified issues
- Investigate and respond to ad hoc requests as required with a high degree of flexibility, attention to details and ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Currently enrolled in a University undergraduate degree, majoring in Accounting, Financial, Economics of Business
- Preference for a candidate who is interested in pursuing a CFA/CPA designation
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office Skills (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint), developing/running macros is an asset
- Ability to work extensively with formulas, numbers, and spreadsheets
- Experience utilizing technology to gather and manipulate data
- Experience using database query tools (i.e. SQL) is considered an asset
- Knowledge of financial statements and reporting is required
- Knowledge of financial modeling concepts is required
- Possess strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities (multi-tasking)
- Enjoys working in both team and individual environments
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position
- Job Family
- Pay Type