The Microsoft Federal organization was established to address the unique mission, legal/regulatory requirements, and procurement rules and processes of the United States Government (USG). Microsoft Federal is committed to ensuring its resources – including appropriately qualified, experienced, and certified personnel (with necessary security clearances or otherwise) are available as needed to meet USG evolving needs. To that end, Microsoft embraces, as a mission-critical philosophy, flexibility in the recruiting, hiring, and workforce assignment of Microsoft Federal personnel. Microsoft Federal personnel can expect to serve in various roles in the Microsoft Federal organization during the course of their career to meet evolving USG needs, regardless of segment – Civilian, Defense, or intelligence community.
As a Services Account Executive, you will propose, manage and execute on customer contracts in order to achieve your revenue and business goals. To achieve these goals successfully, you will make decisions regarding the development and maintenance of client and partner relationships, work closely with the extended account account teams in order to create and deliver a successful services sales strategy and leverage service offerings to address customer business needs. In order to understand the client business objectives and deliver services engagements, you will interface intimately with the client at all levels of the organization. In addition, you will actively participate in and lead account strategy and planning sessions with local and virtual Microsoft teams, which will include individuals from legal, sales, product development, product support and our partners. You will deliver regular sales forecasts and customer feedback on trends, opportunities and challenges in order to benchmark and forecast your business.
Depth of experience in a variety of applicable technologies is essential and strong services business knowledge is required.
- This individual must be able to understand and articulate Microsoft strategy and vision to a variety of audiences.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Services Frameworks is preferred. DoD knowledge and experience is strongly preferred.
- 8+years relevant working experience with demonstrated expertise in professional services, program management and/or consulting sales management. 5+ years of understanding and expeirence working with/supporting the US Department of Defense, COCOMS and/or DOD agencies.
- Possess a strong skill set in IT Services, Solutions Sales and Business Development.
- Possess strong working knowledge and relationships within the US Air Force and DoD at major levels of the organizations.
- Extremely strong written, verbal and communication skills (including proposal writing and presentation building)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with sales, technical, and operations resources
- Strong understanding and experience with incorporating system integrators and third-party participants into a single customer proposal.
- Strong understanding and experience in working with the US Department of Defense
- A solid understanding of Microsoft’s business value proposition and products, including how solutions are built, and what is involved in implementing solutions with customers
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
- Solid project management skills including risk assessment and management experience
- Able to manage a frequent travel schedule.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.