Req ID: 41126
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): Irvine (CA); Los Angeles West (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
“I can succeed as a Senior Solutions Engineer at Capital Group.”
As a Senior Solutions Engineer focused on Quantitative Research and Portfolio Construction Technology, you will be responsible for the delivery of technology solutions within the application delivery space. You will partner with business leaders and cross-functional IT teams to identity strategic vision, develop, and execute on technology roadmaps. You will enable and scale quantitative research, quantitative portfolio construction and oversight needs of Capital Group.
You will foster an environment of agile technologists who imagine, develop and launch solutions with transformative power. You will design, engineer and manage world class cloud-based quantitative portfolio construction (using portfolio optimization) platform that can scale to construct thousands of portfolios that manage over $100B of AUM. You will manage complex quantitative models in production with tight SLAs and have the ability to quickly understand complex quantitative models, capital markets (equity and fixed income), modern portfolio theory, various market data sources, industry standard portfolio risk models, portfolio construction and asset allocation models.
You understand that all “technology” decisions are “business” decisions and have the proven ability to make good decisions.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
You ideally have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- You have at least 7 years of experience as a software engineer, with expertise in cloud native distributed systems software design and engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc.)
- You have a strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, parallel programming.
- You enjoy coaching and mentoring others on your team
- You have experience in building data pipelines, ETL, database design, data replication, data warehouse design, query optimization etc.
- You have hands on expertise with quantitative tools like Python etc.
You also have deep hands-on knowledge of one or more of the following:
- JVM technologies: such as Java/Scala
- .NET stack: such as C#, .NET Core
- Relational databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- You ideally have extensive prior experience with AWS (S3, containers – ECS & EKS, Lambda)
- You can influence and build credibility with business, senior leaders, and technical/engineering teams. Your mastery of technical concepts and how they drive the business outcomes is evident in your ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audience
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.