PRS Business Development Manager (BDM)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb Personal Risk Services offers an array of property and casualty insurance products for individuals and families with fine homes and possessions. Our clients include many of the most affluent families in the world, executives, business owners and top collectors of art, jewelry, wine and automobiles.
Chubb Personal Risk Services is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) for our Denver, Colorado Branch. The BDM position is responsible for overall agency relationship management including new client acquisition and renewal client management for assigned agents and brokers in the states of Colorado, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and New Mexico. This position would include in-person and remote agency and broker engagement.
The BDM will report directly to the Denver Branch Personal Lines Manager.
- Develop agency assessments and business plans with assigned independent agencies designed to grow new business from new clients as well as retention and cross selling of existing clients.
- Identify new clients with annual premium of $5,000 to $250,000+ through effective pipeline development, account pre-qualification and territory analysis/management, ultimately leading to closing deals.
- Responsible for new and existing client quote follow up and quote optimization with agents.
- Renewal retention management by demonstrating the ability to position rate and exposure changes with value-based selling techniques.
- Premier account segment new and renewal table set best practice.
- Cross-sell and upselling of existing clients via account rounding initiatives.
- Provide support to assigned agencies including:
- Agency training to understand Chubb’s products, services and competitive advantages.
- Product and service enhancements and rate changes.
- Address and respond to agency inquiries specific to billing, policy services, systems, BORs, commissions, claims, agency coding/licensing and the like.
- Coordinate home office initiatives and marketing campaigns that are new and renewal customer oriented, including attendance at associated events.
- Adhere to a disciplined sales process to ensure consistent execution of best practices, including Salesforce documentation.
- Book management including analysis of results to identify agency specific and territory trends.
- Develop and maintain trusted agency relationships.
- Participate in internal meetings and report on results as appropriate.
- Work with agents and underwriting on new clients, retention and cross selling.
- Collaborate and interact with Sales, Underwriting, Risk Consulting, Product, Claims and Branch Administration.
- Results Orientation: Proven track record of sustained high sales performance and achievement with an ability to drive results and innovate in a fast- paced environment by:
- Recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities
- Distinguishing what results are important with a focus on achieving high-payoff activities and goals
- Challenging self and others to do better without minimizing accomplishments
- Identifying critical success factors to accomplish desired results and develop plans to achieve them
- Ensuring goals and objectives are measurable and focus on goals not activities
- Continually looking for ways to change and improve processes to create improved business results
- Adaptability: Agile learner who can quickly absorb information and apply it to current business situations by:
- Responding well to change
- Handling multiple demands/priorities
- Adapting to best fit with situation at hand
- Handling conflict effectively
- Developing new skills quickly
- Accepting new responsibilities willingly
- Customer Engagement: Delivers end to end customer engagement that leads to measurable revenue growth by:
- Building rapport quickly and finding common ground
- Establishing trust and credibility through timely delivery of commitments
- Leveraging goodwill to gain larger share of wallet
- Allocating resources to maximize business potential
- Analyzing data with the goal of discerning useful information that informs conclusions and supports fact based decision-making
- Problem Solving: Identifies/reacts to problems and opportunities, produces alternatives and implements viable solutions by:
- Responding to, and resolving, inquiries in a timely manner
- Engaging appropriate resources to resolve problems and following through to conclusion
- Simplifying complexity by breaking down issues into manageable parts
- Looking beyond the obvious to get at root cause
- Developing insight into problems, issues and situations
- Sales Acumen: Leverage market, business and technical knowledge and insights by:
- Possessing a big picture perspective and detailed operational understanding of own area of responsibility
- Employing a disciplined sales process to ensure consistent execution of best practices (agency assessments drive pipeline management, business plans set goals and drive execution of tactics, effective agency engagement, advances new business activities/results, etc.)
- Effective utilization of Salesforce to view dashboard information, review open opportunities and add updates, run agency financial reports and summarize agency engagement
- Intrinsic curiosity paired with effective questioning and active listening skills
- Strong negotiation, leveraging and value-based selling skills
- Influence Management: Influence and inspire others by:
- Communicating effectively and passionately about Chubb/Personal Risk Services
- Successfully persuading, convincing and influencing others on “why Chubb”
- Anticipating and preparing for how others will react and overcome obstacles/resistance
- Leveraging agency relationships to close deals
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years of personal lines sales, marketing, underwriting, claims, risk consulting or agency experience
- Experience selling to high net worth clients preferred
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.