Business Development Professional
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL
Location: Baltimore, MD.
The position is largely telework but applicants must reside in a location easily accessible to the Mid-Atlantic and surrounding areas to attend prospective client meetings.
Full-time, 40 Hours Per Week
Who We Are
Fentress Inc. is an innovative consulting firm specializing in courthouse needs assessments, agile workplace planning, and safety and security assessments. We work primarily with federal, state, and local government agencies. Our small business has been serving courts and other government agencies since 1988 and is comprised of individuals with skills in the areas of project management, meeting facilitation, architecture, analytics, strategic planning, and statistics.
As a business development professional for Fentress Inc., you would identify potential leads for the company to pursue and help qualify those leads. The leads will be stored in a CRM for analysis and lead nurturing. You would be responsible for producing proposals, including formatting and graphics, and coordinating with others in the company to gather proposal content. To assist in this effort, you would set up and maintain a proposal library. You would also be responsible for developing presentations for clients and attending marketing-related client meetings and videoconferences.
In addition, you would assist the company with designing materials for and helping to implement marketing campaigns. The company also works with inbound marketing and a portion of your job would be to help the company improve its inbound content, campaigns, and strategies.
Each employee works from a home office (we pride ourselves on our strong virtual environment that has been in place for over 30 years) and participates in project and company-wide meetings via videoconference. We do hold in-person company meetings and events approximately 10 times a year. We are an inclusive and purpose-driven culture that seeks to maximize the potential of each individual employee in the context of our organizational vision and goals.
- Research and identify potential business opportunities for the company, including federal, state and local solicitations.
- Help the company maintain a professional network of teaming partners.
- Learn about the company’s services and stay up-to-date on industry-relevant news.
- Must be available to attend prospective client and proposal meetings primarily in the mid-Atlantic region but the company has worked in every state and travel could be required outside of the mid-Atlantic.
- Maintain a CRM.
- Evaluate RFPs for content and keywords, set up proposal outlines, write the proposals, coordinate with others to provide content. format proposals, and develop/insert graphics and images. Implement a proposal review and quality control process.
- Maintain a proposal library, including resumes, company descriptions, project descriptions, proposal documents, and other relevant material.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to support marketing efforts and shortlist interviews. Help coordinate and prepare the personnel that are presenting.
- Attend prospective client meetings and provide information and presentations on corporate capabilities.
- Organize our weekly blogging effort through coordinating and scheduling content production, editing, working with images, SEO, and posting the blogs to our website.
- Produce flyers, handouts, presentations, website content, and other marketing materials to promote the company.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns on LinkedIn. Use LinkedIn Sales Navigator to help the company identify and nurture leads.
- Monitor the progress of marketing campaigns and the organic activity on our website.
- Provide routine verbal presentations to the company on the status of our business development and marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related fields of study.
- At least five years of business development and marketing experience
- Knowledge of and experience with government proposal writing
- Business development experience in the architectural industry is preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including proven experience in developing and delivering presentations
- Excellent skills in MS Office Word and PowerPoint, proficient skills in Excel
- Skilled in calling and emailing prospective clients and nurturing business leads
- Knowledge of Adobe products, including InDesign, and Canva preferred
- Knowledge of CRM development and maintenance
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Team player with strong relational skills
- Ability to positively interface with and communicate clearly with internal staff and external clients
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Fentress Inc. is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
HIRE RANGE DISCLAIMER
The actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
You’ll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, life, and disability insurance and Paid Time Off, including vacation, holidays, & personal days. 401k plan also available.
WHERE TO APPLY
Please visit our website to apply: www.fentress.com/inquiry
Please apply before: 8/6/2021
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- business development and marketing: 5 years (Required)
- government proposal writing: 5 years (Required)
- Multiple locations