Position: Field Sales Representative (FSR)
Reports to: Training Manager
Job Code: Full Time Equivalent (FTE)
Background. PKL’s registered OMNISPEC Training System® is a modern, full-spectrum program integrating career continuum training curricula with cutting-edge modalities such as computer-based training (CBT), augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and a networked learning management system (LMS). OMNISPEC can be used by all business sectors and industries who require sustainment training for their employees. OMNISPEC delivers basic, refresher, and upgrade training, certification, and qualification requirements, as well as general leadership development.
Position Overview. The OmniSpec Field Sales Representative (FSR) will report to the PKL Training Manager and be responsible for prosecuting the business development sales strategy. The FSR will meet with prospective customers at their locations to identify training needs, conduct product demonstrations, attend industry exhibits and trade shows, and close sales deals. Main duties include traveling to target areas to meet with potential and current customers, negotiating sales contracts, and advising clients about new products, updates, and features.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The FSR will be responsible for increasing sales by developing and maintaining relationships with customers and clients. Duties may include identifying prospective customers, following up on potential sales leads and maintaining relationships with existing customers. The FSR will also coordinate with the Training Manager to develop marketing strategies designed for a target market.
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Be knowledgeable of the OMNISPEC product.
- Emphasize the features of OMNISPEC to highlight how it solves customers’ needs.
- Negotiate prices and terms and prepare sales agreements.
- Produce lead generation and sales conversions.
- Identify prospective customers, lead generation and conversion.
- Schedule and perform product demonstrations.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with existing customers.
- Attend industry trade shows, air shows, and virtual reality events to identify sales leads.
- Research industry trends to develop new/emerging sales opportunities.
- Recommend marketing and branding strategies for specific sectors or niches.
- Generate sales plans and reports to the Training Manager.
Desired educational/skills background:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- College Degree (preferred), or non-degree credentials (such as a Certified Professional Salesperson).
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience with training programs/background in the training sector.
- Experience with, or basic knowledge of, modern learning technologies (CBT, AR, VR, e-courseware, LMS).
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
- Presentation skills and ability to develop sales pitches.
- Basic knowledge of marketing and branding strategies.
- Proficiency with word processing, presentation software, spreadsheets.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, client meetings, and demonstrations (Domestic & International).
- The FSR should have basic education/credentials in business-related studies and proven track record in sales with a demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals.
- Additional experience in marketing and branding is desired.
- Any proven education or experience in training, generally, and modern learning modalities (CBT, AR, VR), in particular, would be ideal.
Note:The OMNISPEC Field Sales Representative will in most instances work remotely but may occasionally work from/visit the corporate office. A high degree of Business travel is also anticipated.
This position requires normal physical functions. May occasionally lift and carry demonstration equipment (laptop, VR devices, tablets, etc.). Travel (domestic & International) is also a main component of this position.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to occasionally meet with customers in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind.
- Office environment. Work may be performed from a home office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PKL Services Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer to include EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.