HME Mobility & Accessibility (www.hmebc.com) is a leading industry supplier of institutional and home care medical equipment alongside assistive devices such as wheelchairs, powerchairs, and countless other mobility aids. We are currently seeking a talented IT Coordinator to join our growing team at our Richmond head office. HME Mobility & Accessibility is a fast-growing company, with over 100 full time staff in offices located in Richmond, South Surrey, Victoria, and new facilities located in Nanaimo and North Vancouver opening in the next 6 months.
In this role, you will report directly to HME’s Corporate Business Analyst. This position involves the everyday upkeep of HME’s IT functions, from managing staff accounts, computers, and phones to troubleshooting printers and maintaining security of HME’s information. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is ready to learn in a busy, growing and reputable company.
What a typical day might look like:
- Provide Tier 2 support for all company IT infrastructure (all offices)
- IT Hardware purchasing: Order Computers, iPads, cell phones, accessories (cases, bags, mouses etc.)
- IT Hardware Inventory Management: Assign, Label, Track, Reallocate, Dispose
- IT Hardware Set up: Accounts and Programs Set up
- IT Account and Password Management: Microsoft, Apple ID, Dropbox Accounts
- General IT Support: Troubleshooting computer, phone, printer, Shaw SmartVoice and other technology related questions
- Coordinate with external consultants if needed
- Assist with overall security maintenance of company information and assets
- Provide suggestions on improvements to processes, software, hardware, or any other technology related improvements
- Lead maintenance of Sharepoint and/or Dropbox
- Extracting information from software programs for the purpose of data analysis
- Assistance with reporting
- Travel between offices will be necessary from time to time
- Other responsibilities and projects may arise from time to time
- 1-2 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent certificate in IT related field.
- Strong communication skills in fluent English (both verbal and written).
- Computer skills - must be comfortable with MS Office Suite and troubleshooting various technology.
- Valid BC driver’s license and vehicle.
What can you expect from HME
At HME you can expect to become part of a growing team of collaborative, progressive, and friendly individuals. We believe that our greatest assets are our employees.
- Competitive salary: we know how important it is for you to feel valued and paid well as a result. HME offers competitive wages and bonuses for applicable positions.
- Training and development: we want to help you achieve your career goals. HME offers on-the-job training, online seminars, coaching and opportunities for advancement.
- Employer-paid dental and extended medical benefits as well as a company profit-sharing plan.
- Employer matching RRSP plan: we know how important your future is, we are here to contribute and help.
- Vacation: HME offers two weeks of paid vacation and paid statutory holidays including Boxing Day.
- Team Events: We celebrate our team by going out for fun events! Events like golfing, boat cruises, ATV tours, and team dinners.
HME is an equal opportunity employer. This position is a rewarding career with an opportunity for advancement within our growing company. Please forward your resume and cover letter to the email address above if you feel you possess the required skills and attributes.
Please note only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.