The SMB Account Representative will successfully sell RCN Internet, Video and Phone Service to business customers within an assigned geographic region.
- Responsible for creating an effective sales strategy using networking, cold calling and direct sales techniques.
- Ability to adapt sales pitches for telecom service to various industries: service, manufacturing, healthcare, etc.
- Ability to clearly articulate high-tech telecom services to multi-level decision makers, including IT Directors, CFO's and business owners.
- Organize all back office/administrative practices in order to be efficient and maximize time. Examples include order forms and surveys.
- Utilize various medium to effectively network with other business professionals, enticing those professionals to become customers of RCN's Telecom Services.
- Bring/develop customer database from past positions/events and adapt your relationship with those customers to grow RCN's customer database.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Professional outside sales background; business to business sales experience (required).
- Experience in high-tech sales, specifically telecom services (desired).
- Google G-Suite applications;
- CRM software experience
- Functional Requirements: Walking, Standing, Traveling, Reaching above shoulders, use of both hands, use of fingers, ability to sit for long periods of time, ability to make notes/write.
- Mental Abilities: Ability to concentrate for long periods of time, ability to communicate concisely and understandably, ability to shift priorities readily, ability to ask questions and gather information, ability to access circumstances/info and make sound decisions, ability to receive negative or emotion-laden feedback without reaching negatively or with emotion, ability to access procedures and follow them, ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain a high degree of productivity, emotional and mental stability.
- Environmental Conditions: Works outside, works inside, dust, working closely with others, working alone
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- 2 year(s): Commercial sales
- High School or better
- Bachelors or better in Marketing or related field
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Time Management
- Google G-Suite
- Goal Setting
- Document Management
- Client Relations
- Business Coorespondence
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)