As an Account Manager with Kaman Industrial Technologies, you will serve as an outside sales professional, responsible for growing a territory based out of our Birmingham, AL branch by bringing in new business and developing business relationships within existing accounts. You’ll succeed by calling on engineers, maintenance, purchasing, and other departments to determine customer needs through a consultative approach. The ideal candidate is a motivated sales professional looking for an opportunity with unlimited earning potential providing products and value-added solutions to our customers. This position reports directly to a Branch Manager who supports you in improving profitability of your territory through growth in market share. You will also be supported by a strong team with technical expertise, resources and the connections of our supplier partners.
Do you have a strong sales background and demonstrated sales success? Do you have professional Industrial sales experience? Are you motivated by financial success through our uncapped commission opportunities? If so, we want to work with you! Please submit your application today for immediate consideration.
Kaman Industrial Technologies, a business unit of Kaman Distribution Group, is a leading provider of industrial products and solutions. We are proud to be a one source network for customers in various industries including food and beverage, power generation, and waste management. With over 150 locations across the United States and four million products and services, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that the ability to sustain our competitive advantage is by investing in the development of our employees, driving innovation, and providing solutions for a better tomorrow.
- Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up, negotiate terms, and close transactions
- Organize and conduct training sessions for customers
- Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads, and other related matters
- Address customer requests, follow up on outstanding orders, and accommodate urgent calls, night calls, and deliveries as required
- Establishes themselves as a solution oriented consultant assisting assigned customers with problem resolution, applications, design improvements, and product recommendations.
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information on competitive products, customers’ machinery, processes and business objectives. Updates customers on new products and technologies as appropriate.
- Promotes and maintains effective working relationships with customers, technical sales resources and suppliers.
- Communicates information on new products and processes. Proactively engages customer service team in relationships with customers.
- Works with customers to identify cost saving opportunities and provides documentation of these via the KIT Documented Savings program. Maintains records of Documented Savings for all accounts; proactively seeks these opportunities and meets all obligations.
- Regularly updates and maintains customer contact information and opportunities in CRM. Keeps local managers informed of customer changes based on account responsibilities.
- Attends product and ongoing professional training on an on-going basis.
- Work with management to identify opportunities, develop strategies, execute tactics and follow up on returns.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a technical field
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years technical sales, proven outside industrial sales experience with a tangible product OR 2+ yrs customer service / inside sales experience with bearing and power transmission products.
- Proven experience and success in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory.
- Mechanical aptitude, strong desire to succeed, sense of urgency.
- Good communication skills (written & verbal)
- Computer skills and knowledge, including MS Offie (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Power transmission, hydraulics, and/or bearings product experience preferred
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Excellent networking, prospecting and closing skills.
- A consultative sales approach that identifies customer needs, with the ability to engage available resources necessary to secure the business.
- An active member and participant in business/industry organizations and networking events.
- Proven track record of high sales performance, including meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Comfortable communicating with every level of an organization from top-level executives to factory floor and field personnel.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Up to 60% of workweek will be spent visiting current and prospect clients. Very limited overnight travel.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (MVR)
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement