A Little About Us
The LAcarGUY family of dealerships has been a fixture in Southern California since “Sully” Sullivan opened his first dealership, Volkswagen Santa Monica, in 1964.
Having been an integral part of the iconic California surf culture of the 1960’s, the LAcarGUY family of dealerships has grown and transformed over the years. We now include 12 award-winning dealerships throughout the greater Los Angeles area which support world renowned brands such as Audi, Honda, Lexus, Porsche, Subaru, Toyota, and Volkswagen. In June 2021, we’ve opened our 13th dealership with Genesis Santa Monica.
Although we have grown over the years, we remain a local family-owned business and well-grounded in the communities in which we operate. We are a prominent supporter of community events, charitable organizations and environmental causes.
What Are We Looking For?
As an innovative and highly respected leader in the automotive industry, we are looking for a driven, diligent, thorough and experienced Sales Consultant to join our team.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefit package with an outstanding 401(k) program administered by Transamerica. If this sounds like your dream job, then we have the perfect opportunity and want to hear from you!
What Will I Be Doing?
One of the great things about our environment is that there is always something new happening. The points below are just some of the day-to-day things our Sales Consultants do to provide our customers with a world class experience:
- Take the customers through a thorough buying process supported by established selling steps, policies and procedures
- Develop and relay a high level of product knowledge around vehicle features
- Demonstrate the operation and features of the desired vehicle in showroom and via test drive
- Present the new or pre-owned vehicle to the customer through an established delivery - process, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's features, warranty and paperwork
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction, loyalty and long term clientele
- Develop a prospecting system, making calls and sending emails to potential customers to set appointments
- Set and track personal sales goals on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis
- Maintain a positive and ethical working relationship with all employees, manufacturers, lenders, vendors and customers
- Continue to maintain our dealership's value, quality, and integrity
- Analyze information and evaluate alternatives in an effort to resolve issues and make sound, timely decisions.
- Performs efficiently with the normal amount of direction for the position; displays the professional attitude and capabilities of a self-starter.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual should possess:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Sales and/or Customer Service Experience
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, enthusiastic presence with an ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Excellent communication, customer service, organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to apply a common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Professional appearance and a strong work ethic.
- Have and maintain an excellent driving record.
- Current, valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Report (MVR)
- All potential employees must pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
What’s In It For Me?
- Fast paced work environment
- Paid training and development
- Career growth opportunities
- Medical, dental, vision and other benefits for you and your qualified family members
- Pet Insurance for your furry family members
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401(k) retirement program with Company Match
- Back-up Child Care assistance through our partnership with Care.com
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual will be required to:
- Sit and/or stand interchangeably throughout the day.
- Sit and/or stand for long periods at a time.
- Use hands, fingers and arms continually, frequently and throughout the day.
- Bend, crouch, crawl, stoop and kneel continually, frequently and throughout the day.
- Pick-up, lift and carry items that may exceed 50 pounds.
- Operate and drive vehicles or equipment in a safe manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Account Executive, Commissioned Sales, Auto Sales, Car Sales, Automotive Sales, Sales Consultant, Sales Management, Auto Business, Operations Management, Retail Sales, Volkswagen, Lexus, Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Porsche, Audi, Tesla, Nissan, Kia, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Fiat, Smart, Mini, Alfa Romeo, Ford, Chevrolet, Chevy, Dodge, Ram, Jeep, Chrysler, Genesis, Disney, Disneyland, Customer Service, Concierge, Hospitality, Travel, Call Center, Luxury, Concierge.