Join an award-winning AAA Five Diamond company! Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is one of the most premier places to work in Northeast Florida. Apply today and take advantage of this unique opportunity.
Join an award-winning company! The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is one of the most premier places to work in Northeast Florida. Apply today and take advantage of this unique opportunity to work at the historic Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. People are our greatest asset, and we are currently seeking people like you who have a desire to join our team.
What's in it for you? Top pay - Flexible scheduling - Company provided uniforms and dry cleaning benefits - Resort discounts - Company provided 5-diamond training & certifications . . . and so much more!
EDUCATION: Two or Four Year degree in hotel management, business, or related major preferred. Ability to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language at a level sufficient to communicate effectively with staff.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years experience in a like caliber resort/hotel in a hotel revenue management position. Previous experience managing an on-site reservations department is necessary. Strong analytical and technical skills required. Exceptional service and customer relations skills with ability to foster effective relationships with staff, management and clientele.
JOB KNOWLEDGE:Working knowledge of reservations, front office and Microsoft Office Suite.
JOB SUMMARY: To maximize room revenue and yield penetration through proper management of rooms inventories and through analytical and technical knowledge of hotel reservation system.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Oversee the revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotels.
- Develop, communicate, and implement sales strategies, mix of business, channel management, pricing strategies, as well as reservations systems and related policies.
- Prepare for and conduct weekly Revenue Management meetings involving rate and inventory strategies, transient/group pace, competitive business analysis and financial forecasts.
- Initiate short and long-term revenue forecasts and generate weekly and monthly critiques, identifying areas of opportunity and strategies to improve revenue and overall profitability.
- Measure and analyze booking trends, pickup, no shows, and sources of business.
- Manage, produce, and monitor rate strategy tiers, booking pace by Market Segment, GDS, inventory and monthly results.
- Work with the different departments to ensure similar goals, and implement action plans to achieve optimum revenue management.
- Establish and maintain meaningful external and internal relationships.
- Promote team spirit, encourage excellence in telephone sales, and service performance among all reservations staff. Works one-on-one with reservations agents to improve their sales techniques as well as ensures an ongoing coaching, training, and development of staff.
- Implements monitoring and scoring of agents to achieve luxury quality standards. Gives regular feedback to reservations agents on their sales performance and ways to improve conversion of calls to bookings.
- Ensures the maintenance of accurate reservations records and at the same time ensures that employees are completing all assigned duties as well as following all established hotel / department policies.
- Manage Group Reservations Coordinators and their processes, to ensure adherence to the Sales Contract terms, ensure the highest level of meeting planner and guest satisfaction whilst maximizing room inventory and ADR.
- Complete employee scheduling, payroll, and ability to react to changes in phone volume while performing within the departmental budget.
- Maintain employee discipline, conduct employee reviews, and conduct monthly departmental meetings and various briefings on policy changes, new promotions and new procedures.
- Responsible for loading and maintaining rates, packages and tracking codes in the Property Management system.
- Responsible for regular monitoring of room categories in the PMS system, to ensure revenue maximization and potential yield management opportunities.
- Effectively control high occupancy and oversold dates to ensure minimal guest “walks” and to maintain hotel profitability.
- Complete data entry required for monthly performance results.
- Maintain awareness of budgetary goals, occupancy and revenue forecasts and react in an immediate manner to changes in market conditions and/or any condition that would otherwise alter the current selling strategies, relative to transient business.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained, up to date, and functional.
- Must be a good communicator and able to motivate staff in a close-quarters work environment. Ability to create good working relations between reservations sales staff and all hotel departments.
- Requires self-initiative, analytical skills, proficiency in technical areas and customer relations.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the area of sales and sales techniques.
- Requires good time management, organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Marketing or General Manager.
- Paid Vacation/Holiday/Sick
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision/STD/LTD/Life and more!
- Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Free Parking, Employee Cafe
- Property privileges and discounts.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace