Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
[email protected] is looking for a GitHub Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). [email protected] provides Kyndryl employees with a wide range of on-prem and software-as-a-service (SaaS) tools that help with desktop backup, collaboration, design, DevOps, and Agile tracking and planning.
The mission of [email protected] is to:
- Support and accelerate Kyndryl's ongoing transformation
- Provide Kyndryl employees with world-class tools that drive behaviors consistent with strategic transformation outcomes
- Lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use
- Engineer the systems that run the business
- Innovate to transform the business
The [email protected] SRE will be responsible for managing a mission critical on-prem instance of GitHub Enterprise. We're looking for an individual with an empathetic ear and an eye on the future. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and wants to make a positive difference that ripples through the organization.
[email protected] Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for the following:
- Maintaining high availability and site health for [email protected]
- Providing a support escalation path for end user problems that can't be resolved by our Customer Success Engineering squad
- Automating processes for repeatability, reliability, and auditability
- Staying current on best practices in the realm of large-scale distributed systems management and security, and actively applying those practices to our environments
- Identifying gaps in our offerings and collaborating with stakeholders inside & outside of [email protected] to fill those gaps
- Creating and sustaining a healthy, collaborative team culture in which team members are engaged and empowered to provide input and challenge assumptions.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Self-directed and accountable
- Be flexible to make trade-off decisions based on business needs
- Keen client awareness drives your priorities
- Fearlessness in the face of the unknown
Come and join the [email protected]!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience using GitHub
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Project Management
- Exposure to forming hypotheses about reported problems and validating these through experimentation and data feedback.
- Exposure to software peer review using GitHub's collaboration features
- A combination of education, technical training, and/or work/military experience equivalent to a Bachelors in Computer Science, IT, etc.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Understanding of Site Reliability Engineering
- Experience in Server Administration
- Experience with Linux
- Demonstrated experience with Kubernetes
- Writing software and tests using NodeJS, Python, or Golang (preferably Golang)
- Building and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines
- Managing capacity and performance problem determination by analyzing system metrics and logs
- Previous experience applying software engineering practices to hosting and managing large scale mission critical infrastructure.
- Understanding the latest techniques, practices, and technology from the industry, sharing these with team members, and applying them where appropriate.
- Experience planning for system problems by having a robust incident management practice.
- Continuously improving through retrospectives and post-incident investigations.
As announced in October 2020, IBM intends that its managed infrastructure services business of the GTS organization will become an independent company named Kyndryl by the end of 2021, creating two distinct and powerful market-leading companies.
Together, we will advance the vital systems that power the digital economy. Serving over 4,600 technology-intensive, highly regulated customers, including over 75% of the Fortune 100, our people will design, run, and manage the most modern and reliable technology infrastructure that the world depends on today.
We will work flexibly and in partnership with our customers to amplify business outcomes while always pushing ourselves to improve and meet all opportunities. Come join our team of diverse, devoted, and empathetic technology experts who are at the center of discovering what's next.
Please note: The final decision if this position will transition from IBM to Kyndryl is yet to be confirmed.
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementIBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.