We are a multi-company business with a focus on specialized manufacturing. We have a fun culture that is progressing from past generational leadership to future leaders and are currently experiencing many exciting changes. These growing companies need a growing sales team to help support our valued customers and continue on the success of the past within the various industries we serve: oil & gas, food and other product manufacturers, and various commercial building markets. Our products are virtually everywhere and we have not even scratched the surface.
Come join us as we venture out and change the future!
As Regional Sales Representative for this Specialty Manufacturing Company, you work alone and with others to accomplish the following duties and responsibilities:
· Lead effort to present products and maintain & grow an existing territory for various manufactured building and door products/projects:
· Learn how SSI operates, learn and become familiar with the products and services that SSI offers as a specialty manufacturer.
· Act as primary point of contact and first 'go-to' person for customer RFQs and other inquiries.
· Establish personal contacts and relationships with key customer personnel.
· Learn about customers' business activities, understand status of current and future products / projects.
· Act as intermediary and champion on behalf of SSI/HVPs when there are issues or problems between sales and operations over project specifics.
· Lead effort to provide accurate specification guidance and sign off of approval drawings with the customer & relay accurately to engineering:
· Complete project specific measurements in the field as needed to verify drawings with the customer.
· Travel to and visit factory and office as needed to communicate and work through SSI’s processes.
· Gather appropriate, complete, and accurate measurements/data and information needed to build drawings.
· Take photos of installed products as needed and post pictures to company linkedin profile.
· Ask questions to determine expectations, needs, and specifications.
· Assess job-site hazards. Notify SSI personnel about potential safety hazards and ideas about how to eliminate or safely address hazards.
· Discuss options with and work to close new business with customer contact.
· Interact with SSI leadership team, operations, engineering, and sales leader.
· Prepare, present, and follow up on SSI quotations and proposals.
· Champion and coordinate SSI's growth in the industry by prospecting new customers while traveling the territory.
· Consult with others, as needed, to ensure accurate estimates of time, materials, and costs needed to complete a project.
· Learn and develop technical knowledge of SSI's services and products.
· Learn and understand the full-range of products and services SSI offers.
· Establish professional relationships with key contacts.
· Other Responsibilities:
· Assist in planning, coordinating, and participation in monthly sales meetings.
· Prepare emails, letters, quotes, and other correspondence between SSI and customers.
· Develop annual goals and objectives in your specific area.
· Prepare and submit timely and accurate expense reports.
· Other tasks as requested or needed.
We expect that you will have at least the following qualities:
· Be ready, willing, and able to do the tasks assigned to the team (‘doing’ versus only ‘managing and delegating’ to others.)
· Do accurate work with few mistakes -- give attention to detail.
· Use time efficiently -- work quickly and complete work in a timely fashion.
· Meet deadlines and commitments. Be responsive to requests for information, answers, and action.
· Learn new things, ask questions, understand technical concepts.
· Be self-motivated and display good judgment.
· Be organized – maintain records, files, and office area in an orderly manner.
· Maintain appropriate confidentiality of company information.
· Must have consistent and predictable attendance.
· Treat your direct reports, team members, co-workers, and others with fairness and respect.
Steel Span, Inc. values the safety of our team & have continued to follow CDC guidelines to help keep everyone safe and healthy.
*Remote or onsite work available if desired. Travel required 40-50%.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $57,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- B2B sales: 4 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Required)
- On the road