The Business Development Coordinator will serve as the secondary contact for the Hawaii sales manager, and assist with creating and managing inquiries/leads, opportunities, and activities in our CargoWise CRM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- Identify and qualify leads through cold calling.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with quote requests/follow-ups, pick-up requests, tracking shipments, invoice errors that need to be corrected, proposal follow-ups, credit application follow-ups, and any other follow-ups that are needed.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with prospects and existing customers via phone, email and or in person.
- Manage Hawaii business development team calendars.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with travel itineraries.
- Participate in various external and internal meetings.
- Assist Hawaii business development team with preparation for proposal’s, Scope of Work’s and presentations.
- Create and implement sales strategies and identify new markets to enter.
- Range of administrative duties & tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with high degree of flexibility required
- Be able to work independently (self-motivated) as well as collaboratively
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% (to California office)
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Must be able to sit and/or type for extended periods of time.
- Medical & Dental
- FSA Medical and Dependent
- Guardian Benefits (i.e. Cancer, Disability, Accidental and Life)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick
Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled