The basic purpose of this position is to enhance the operations and outcomes of the GSEP Online Psychology staff and faculty by using data and reporting analytics to streamline business processes and help make informed pedagogical and business decisions.
- Responsible for managing several IT projects and initiatives within the Online Psychology Programs at GSEP. Serve as a liaison on key University technical teams and user groups, such as Data Stewardship Partners, on behalf of the online psychology programs as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean of Online Psychology Programs and Manager of Admissions and Enrollment in scoping, analyzing, and implementing projects and initiatives.
- Work with Online Psychology staff and faculty leadership to increase and improve digital and virtual literacies that enable and enhance business processes. Work closely with teams at the program's Online Program Management partner, 2U, to identify opportunities to enhance business processes, generate actionable reports to inform program decisions, and implement new and enhanced IT tools/programs.
- Responsible for acting as principal administrator for the 2U/GSEP SFDC Salesforce Portal, SQL Server and PeopleSoft at GSEP for the online psychology programs. Responsible for working with GSEP and University stakeholders on efforts to improve operations and business processes for all online psychology academic programs, as needed. Responsible for collaborating with counterparts within and outside the university to resolve any issues related to these applications and systems. Conduct business intelligence modifications and implementation, and conduct BI reporting for program leadership.
- Responsible for maintaining comprehensive knowledge of major application systems used in the online psychology programs including their capabilities, configuration and technical architecture. Have thorough knowledge of SalesForce, PeopleSoft, Etrieve, WinSCP/FTP servers, Adobe Acrobat, Qualtrics, Query, Power BI Business Analytics, Trumba, Tableau, Google Suite Applications, of Course Scheduler, learning technologies and associated pedagogies.
- Assist with the writing of queries, automation of business processes, and implementation of changes in business process for the online psychology programs.
- Analyze business processes utilizing technology and make recommendations for improving and enhancing GSEP staff productivity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Uphold University mission through work performed.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Skills and Qualifications
Required: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience with minimum of four years of related technology experience. Excellent project management & business process analysis skills. Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis. Basic knowledge of database concepts and SQL queries with experience in generating reports in PeopleSoft. Must have the ability to quickly gain solid understanding of complex applications, databases and systems. SalesForce, PeopleSoft, Etrieve, WinSCP/FTP servers, Query, Power BI Business Analytics, Trumba, and Tableau administration training is required including familiarity with Salesforce.com Integration components. Detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and a team player. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of leaders, managers, and constituents. Must excel in a consultative role in directly facilitating and leading business customer interactions and effectively communicating technical information to non-technical business stakeholders and end users. Must have a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Qualified individuals should be able to articulate a strong commitment to diversity, and have the ability to work effectively with individuals from different backgrounds.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal, education, and employment screening. Qualified individuals with criminal histories will be considered for employment in compliance with applicable laws.
This is a Restricted, Exempt, 40 hour per week position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience