Location : Canada- Montreal/St-Laurent
Our Team :
Semtech’s ProAV Applications Engineering and Support team is a passionate and talented group tasked to supporting our growing client base, using our cutting edge technologies for current and next generation Audio-Video (AV) signal processing and distribution systems over 10G Ethernet networks. These are exciting times for us as we continue to grow and gain worldwide recognition for our breakthrough technologies and our ASIC chipsets.
Job Summary :
The Software Applications Engineer (SW AE) is responsible for supporting our ProAV customers through their initial design considerations, completion of their design development, prototyping and/or bringing up their software products quickly and effectively. These software products are often complementary to their own hardware designs. These products are based on the SDVoE API. Additionally, the SW AE is responsible for the support and maintenance of the BlueRiver GUI Manager.
- Guiding all customers with the BlueRiver technology by:
- Building strong direct relationships with customer technical teams
- Responding to customer queries and software-related issue reports
- Troubleshooting and solving development issues, specifically involving the SDVoE API and BlueRiver GUI Manager.
- Troubleshooting and solving client development issues based on our custom-developed Microprocessor code running our hardware development units.
- Working with Smetech’s ProAV engineering teams for more complex customer issues
- Successful candidates for this position will have:
- Bachelors degree (4-year university) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years in software application engineering
- Software design experience, covering:
- C and Python language
- REST API frameworks
- Understanding of:
- ASIC and FPGA implementations
- ProAV systems
- Networking protocols and Ethernet switch configuration (IGMP, multicast, TCP and UDP)
- Able to demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills including lab testing, software validation and debugging
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer communications skills
- Project management skills
- Strong self-motivation and initiative
- The ability to work with engineers across multiple disciplines, as well as customers of various positions including executive level interaction
- Excellent PC usage skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel internationally
- Language required: fluent oral and written English
- Language assets: French, Mandarin, other
Career Growth Philosophy:
At Semtech, we seek innovation and leadership from each and every member of our team. Our goal is to ensure that our talented professionals are equipped with support, resources, and the opportunity to excel. The career development program is an important part of our recruiting strategy. Our pay-for-performance philosophy provides recognition and prestige coupled with a competitive compensation package.
The intent of this job description is to describe the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically included in this description.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.