Registered Respiratory Therapist (Full Time) - Dartmouth, NS
Medigas is a leader in serving the Canadian healthcare market with the provision of home oxygen therapy, respiratory services, medical gases and related medical equipment. Medigas is the healthcare division of Linde Canada. Everything we do is born out of our commitment to help people live better lives and to support the medical professionals who make it all possible.
At Medigas, you’ll join talented and diverse people throughout Canada, all working hard to make a difference in our client’s lives and make our organization successful. Our people work to develop and implement challenging and meaningful client-focused programs and are trusted to take on responsibility early in their careers. Their contributions are valuable to our company, our clients, our communities and our shareholders.
The Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for initiation of prescribed respiratory therapy in the Medigas office, or the client home including assessment, education, documentation, and follow-up to ensure equipment performance and client compliance. Promotion of Medigas products and services to referral sources, including educational in-services to medical/healthcare communities is an integral part of the job.
- Initiate and monitor of prescribed respiratory therapy in clients’ homes including assessments, education, documentation and follow up to ensure equipment performance and client compliance with therapy
- Delivery and exchange of equipment in client’s homes may include heavy lifting of equipment up to 60lbs
- In home client visits may include long distance travel
- In office consultations with sleep and oxygen clients
- Conduct respiratory equipment in-service training with various community partners
- Promotion of products and services to referral sources.
- Build and maintain high quality client and referral relationships
- Perform all job duties in compliance with Safety standards;
- Support in the training and development of new employees as needed
- Participate in a regular on-call rotation
- Other duties as required
All employees of Linde Canada Inc. are expected to follow Company and departmental safety policies, procedures and work practices at all times. Employees are also responsible for the completion of all safety training, as assigned. Employees with staff supervision and/or management responsibilities will ensure that assigned staff abide by the above, and actively identify, assess and correct safety hazards, as required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist with current registration
- Minimum 2 years related experience preferred
- Homecare and sales experience an asset
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Attention to detail and results oriented
- Able to work under pressure and have strong sense of urgency
- Must possess commitment to client and personal safety
- Maintain client confidentiality
- Clear Driving record/abstract
Nature and Scope
- District Managers
- Sales Managers
- Region/Area Business Managers
- All store staff and distribution
Level of Responsibility:
- Responsible for safety and security of any company assets
- Responsible for mileage report daily
- Responsible for sales performance in their stores
- Responsible for clinical management of clients
- Any variations outside the standard operating procedures should be approved by the District Manager, Sales Manager or Region/Area Business Manager
Physical and Sensory Demands:
- Lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Walking on uneven surfaces on customer sites
- Walking in inclement weather
- Required to be seated for extended periods of time (driving to client sites, admin paperwork)
- Working out of a store
- Interacting with clients within store locations and client residence
- Driving to client and/or referral sites
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.