Hunt Electric, Inc., an industry leading, turn-key electrical contractor, headquartered in Utah, with office in Denver, Colorado is searching for full-time Business Development Manager to join our team. Can you work in a team environment with other employees to assist in business development related duties and coordinating projects? Do you enjoy working with people in-person, and over the phone with various support needs? Are you dependable, organized, and has excellent customer service and problem-solving skills? If so, keep on reading!
The Business Development Manager duties will be to assist with the process from bidding a project through the final construction activities, working closely with project managers and estimators. This person will also work closely with the Denver Branch President and VP of Business Development to assist with Business Development duties and responsibilities. The position requires a high level of customer service internal and external to build and maintain relationships. Knowledge of construction industry is required.
Major Duties with Project Manager/Estimator oversight:
- Prepare and maintain project schedules.
- Process contract drawings and specifications.
- Process shop drawings, submittals, RFI’s, etc. as necessary.
- Process and manage change requests and change orders.
- Monitor project’s material, equipment, and labor costs and ensure accurate quality reporting is being performed.
- Participate in and conduct project meetings as needed.
- Coordinate, manage, and communicate with vendors and effectively deal with problems such as submittals, delivery, labor, schedule, and payment disputes.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of other trades responsibilities and integration with the electrical work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Duties with President and VP Business Development oversight:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a healthy and beneficial working relationship with Contractors
- Analyze RFQs, RFPs, and RFIs to create proposal outlines and development plans, schedules, outlines, and compliance matrices for all phases of proposal development.
- Draft and support development of bid packages, proposals, and necessary revisions.
- Draft summaries of projects and company history for use on proposals, company website and marketing materials.
- Solicit management reviews and approvals during proposal development.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and project review calls as needed.
- Attend professional conferences, seminars and industry events as needed.
- Attend business development meetings as needed
- Monitor sites for relevant competitive procurement opportunities, managing the bid opportunities pipeline, and circulating opportunities to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Build and maintain connections, continuously seeking opportunities to benefit the company.
Requited Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience/knowledge of construction process, design, finance, and management preferred. Electrical experience is a plus.
- Communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills essential.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to multiple requests in a short time frame and prioritize responses to address the needs of many in a short period.
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations with objectivity and professionalism.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, develop relationships, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work well with all organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Strong relations skills, good personal presentation
- Excellent writing and grammar ability
- Ability to work well independently and on teams
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- In-design skills is a plus.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Business Development
- Project Manager
This full-time Business Development Manager position receives a competitive salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities. As a full-time Business Development Manager, you would also be eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid personal time (PTO). If this sounds like the career opportunity that you’ve been looking for, apply today!.
ABOUT HUNT ELECTRIC, INC.
Hunt Electric, Inc. is a full-service electrical, technology, and infrastructure contractor with wide-reaching services available to all types of markets. With licenses in eight states and offices in Salt Lake City, St. George, and Denver, we have continued to lead the industry across the Inter-mountain West since 1986. Our turn-key services range from design-build engineering to construction and maintenance. With eight in-house divisions, an on-site prefabrication department, in-house licensed engineers, a fully trained and specialized workforce, and 24-hour on-call service, Hunt Electric ensures our clients’ projects are successful from start to finish – and beyond.
As a thriving business, we’re looking for enthusiastic, positive people to come on board with us and build successful, long-term careers. We believe in making an investment in each employee’s strengths. Hunt Electric is a place where you will learn, grow, contribute, and lead. That’s why we offer competitive pay and fantastic benefits. If this sounds like the career opportunity you've been looking for, apply today!
Are you able to work independently with minimal supervision? Do you work well under pressure? Can you clearly communicate technical information both verbally and in writing? If yes, apply now!
This is a full-time position with a typical working schedule of Monday - Thursday, 7:00 am – 4:30 pm and Friday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you believe that you’re a good fit for this position, please fill out our application today. We look forward to meeting you.
Job Type: Full-time