Location: Bay Area preferred. Open to remote candidates based anywhere in the U.S.
UrbanFootprint is a software company that serves the world’s first Urban Intelligence Platform to public and private-sector organizations taking on the urban, climate, and social equity challenges of the 21st century. UrbanFootprint’s data and web-based geospatial software unifies previously siloed climate, environmental, urban, and socio-economic data and helps governments, utilities, financial institutions, and urban and transportation planners to answer fundamental resource questions — where to invest, where to deploy resources, and where to optimize for risk, return, resilience, and community.
Governments and businesses are investing in resilience at an unprecedented level. In the next ten years alone, they will spend over $8T on transitioning to a net-zero economy and building efficient, equitable, and sustainable practices. But they don’t know where to invest. They need clear and precise signals about climate threats and dynamic urban, mobility, and economic trends.
The iconic technology companies of this decade will be those that address social inequality and climate change at scale. This represents a once-in-many-generation opportunity to change the way organizations think—and it is a massive and accelerating multi-billion dollar opportunity.
In 2020, we grew revenue by over 4x. Our growing customer base extends across the energy, government, mobility, and urban development sectors. Fast Company has named us as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2021 and a World Changing Ideas finalist, and we were named to the GovTech 100 list of top technology companies serving government agencies.
We are growing our team to meet market demand and accelerate product development. We’re looking for the most inspired, most talented, and hardest working people to help us meet important global, societal, and business imperatives. We draw talent from the best technology companies and educational institutions and attract people who want to apply their talent and creativity to solving hard technology and product-related problems and addressing the most pressing climate, equity, and urban challenges of our generation.
As a Product Manager of Premium Data, you will be a member of UrbanFootprint’s Product Team. This is a highly visible and strategic role at UrbanFootprint. You will be in charge of UrbanFootprint’s flagship data products that will help transform how enterprises and governments build economic resilience into the fabric of society. You will report directly to the Director of Product Management and work closely with customers to understand and translate their resilience-related use cases into packaged data insights that can be repeatedly sold as products. The customers you work with will span multiple verticals, including government, energy, and finance.
You will work closely with our Data Science, Platform Engineering, and Solutions teams to identify user needs, define data requirements, communicate business value and ROI, and drive market awareness. You will also collaborate with Sales and Marketing and directly with existing customers to identify opportunities to generate additional revenue from packaged data products and data enrichment tools and solutions enabled through the UrbanFootprint Data Cloud.
What you’ll do
- Deliver product requirements and roadmaps for UrbanFootprint’s packaged data insights and data enrichment tools and solutions.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing on go-to-market strategies and tactics for new data insight products that help power economic resilience in the government, energy, and financial markets.
- Define, track, and communicate key product success metrics for the data products that you own.
- Collaborate with our data scientists and engineers to develop hypotheses and build prototypes that combine our proprietary datasets with customer data to drive actionable insights that improve economic resilience.
- Conduct research with customers and prospects to understand their business goals, challenges, use cases, workflows, data needs, and decision-making processes. Distill this research into common patterns that can be turned into innovative data products and packaged workflows.
- Partner with Product Marketing on new product releases and feature launches (e.g. blog posts, email campaigns, webinars).
- Help drive pricing and packaging of UrbanFootprint’s packaged data insights.
- Manage cross-functional collaboration for your data products across all company stakeholders, including Data Science, Platform Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Solutions.
Your background likely includes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum five years of product management experience, preferably with data-oriented B2B enterprise software products.
- Domain knowledge in government, energy, and/or finance verticals is a strong plus.
- Experience managing customer interactions across the software development lifecycle, including market analysis, user research, product definition, user story development, product success metrics, and feature prioritization.
- Experience collaborating closely with data scientists and engineers to iteratively deliver working software as a team, from prototype concepts to “minimum viable” beta releases, through to polished and market-ready product launches.
- Working knowledge of geospatial technology, products, and data.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience with programming languages and data analysis tools and platforms (e.g. Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, Spark).
- Experience with SaaS architecture, cloud computing platforms, and APIs.
- Creative, curious, resourceful, and entrepreneurial.
- Startup experience not required, but a strong plus.
UrbanFootprint is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.