Why Work at Lenovo
And we go big. No, not big—huge.
We’re not just a Fortune Global 500 company, we’re one of Fortune’s Most Admired. We’re in 180 markets, working with 63,000 brilliant colleagues and counting. And we’re known for the world’s most complete portfolio of smart technology, from devices to software to infrastructure.
With our ingenuity, we help millions—not just the select few—experience our version of a smarter future.
The one thing that’s missing? Well… you...
Description and Requirements
Lenovo Workstations offer leading edge solutions for customers in key vertical segments including Engineering/CAD, media and entertainment content creation, data science, medical, oil and gas, and finance. OEM (original equipment manufacturer) is a quickly growing part of this business that presents its own set of unique challenges and solutions. We are seeking a Customer Solutions Engineer that will focus on supporting this growing OEM initiative. As part of the Workstation Customer Solutions Team, some of the responsibilities included with this role would be:
- Engage directly with OEM customers, partners, and resellers to understand their requirements and provide detailed, tailored solutions to meet those requirements.
- Provide relentless OEM sales support for all incoming technical questions and issues.
- Working with our Performance and Benchmarking team to ensure all performance related metrics are analyzed and met.
- Interfacing with a quickly expanding OEM team consisting of a variety of functions (procurement, project management, product marketing, development, sales, engineering, etc.) to help solve technical problems and test/deliver optimized functional solutions for our customers.
- Help the OEM team navigate internal Lenovo cross-functional processes as they relate to non-standard or proof-of-concept (POC) solutions.
- B.S. and/or M.S degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or similar field.
- 3+ years of experience with PC/Workstation system engineering/design.
- Strong technical understanding of current PC architecture and design trends.
- Substantial knowledge BIOS, Windows and Linux operating systems, device drivers, and how these components work together.
- Excellent technical debug and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of OEM lifecycle requirements.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of both small focused teams and larger cross-functional teams.
- Fast paced, self-motivated team player with an attention to detail and a customer first attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Lenovo is a US $60 billion Fortune Global 500 company, with 57,000 employees and operating in 180 markets around the world. We are #1 PC company on the planet, BCG's 50 most innovative companies, and one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands.
Awards & Recognition:
- Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies, 2020 & 2019
- Human Rights Campaign, Corporate Quality Index – Perfect Score 2020, 2019, 2018
- Universum’s World’s Most Attractive Employers, 2020
- Best Places to work for LGBTQ Equality, 2021 & 2020
- Top 100 Internship Programs Winner, 2020
- Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations by Corporate Knights, 2020
- Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index – Perfect Score, 2020
- IoT Breakthrough Award, 2020
- 2020 Fortune Global 500, #224
Learn more about why it’s great to work at Lenovo - https://www.lenovobenefits.com/why-join-lenovo