Escalation Engineers (EE) act as the central technical pillar to the greater Technical Success team by owning and driving the resolution of the most important and complex issues Pendo customers face, facilitating the technical development of the broader team, and tactically addressing product issues when necessary. We pride ourselves on prompt responses to customers to ensure the success of customers across our web and mobile features as part of the Customer Success organization. While the entire company has a customer focus, EEs make champions out of our customers and provide a partnership experience through effective resolution of high priority technical issues.
Responsibilities (what you'll do):
- Take ownership of problem resolutions requiring extensive analysis, troubleshooting, and/or debugging
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Product teams to resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Facilitate the technical skills development and understanding of the broader Technical Success team
- Tactically identify and address gaps in the escalation process and Pendo product
Qualifications (what you have):
- Highly empathetic and passionate about helping others at a moment's notice
- Reliable and active team member
- Comfortable reading, understanding, and debugging code
- Effective technical educator and communicator
- Interested in identifying and resolving the root cause of a wide variety of issues
- Patient and positive who sees possibilities rather than obstacles
- Thirst for knowledge, comfortable learning new technologies
- Creativity when the answer is not obvious
- Conversationally fluent in spoken English and written English
- 3+ year of professional experience working in a team setting
- BS.c in computer science, similar field of study, or similar commitment to technology
Desirable Experience (in priority order):
- Global team experience
- Public contributions to code repositories (personal, commercial, or project)
- Mobile SDKs and frameworks (iOS, Android Studio, Cordova, etc.)
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers - a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: [email protected] All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.