Northwest Offset Printing a strong and growing division of The Spokesman-Review is seeking a Commercial Print Accounting Assistant to join the team. This position serves to facilitate, prepare, and distribute invoices to customers and process payments to vendors. This position also exists to compile, analyze and prepare accurate financial information for month end, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. The Hours are M-F, 8-5 p.m., the starting pay is $25.35 - $26.35 per hour.
Full suite of benefits, including medical, dental, life, disability, vacation, sick, holiday, matching 401K and more!
Please apply on our careers site: https://careers.spokesman.com. To learn more about NWOP: https://nwoffset.com
- Provide standard accounting services to both internal (NWOP Director of Operations, NWOP Director of Sales & Marketing, and the Spokesman-Review Company Financial Controller) and external Commercial Print customers.
- Resolve complaints, billing discrepancies or other problems relevant to customer/vendor accounts.
- Provide relevant, accurate, timely and consistent communication to NWOP Directors and S-R Financial Controller; interface with Acumatica.
- Examine and verify all invoices and payments and enter invoices and check request vouchers into the computer. Calculate discounts on invoices and verify compliance with appropriate sales and use tax rules.
- Import account balances into EFI data base (a centralized tracking system and comprehensive customer relationship management tool). EFI Order Processing.
- Balance, verify, audit and reconcile customer accounts. Prepare and distribute accurate billing statements.
- Receive, verify the accuracy of, and properly handle a varied number of accounting documents such as customer payment adjustments, special billing rates, contract terms, etc. Proper handling includes but is not limited to entering data in the computer, checking adjustment calculations, i.e. whatever is necessary to ensure correct billing figures, as needed.
- Receive and process customer bankcard payments.
- Process and reconcile Month End financial reports including but not limited to AR aging reports, accounts receivable and payable.
- Proficient at EFI.
- Other duties as needed.
- Typing 40 wpm.
- Data Entry skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Understanding of debits & credits, and general ledger accounts
- Analytical capabilities.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with public and in-house customers.
- 10 key.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Intermediate skills in MS Office: Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Accounting focused associate degree (A. A.) from two-year college or technical school plus a minimum of two years’ work experience in the accounting field.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.35 - $26.35 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location