Bureau Veritas is a world-leading provider in testing, inspection and certification. Created in 1828, the Group has more than 78,000 employees located in more than 1,500 offices and laboratories around the globe. Bureau Veritas helps its clients to improve their performance by offering services and innovative solutions in order to ensure that their assets, products, infrastructure and processes meet standards and regulations in terms of quality, health and safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
The Business Development Manager is a hunter who is a self-starting high energy member of the Sales Team. The successful candidate will bring a teamwork attitude and be responsible for creating revenue generating opportunities, managing the sales process, delivering revenue for inspection and laboratory services in the Energy, Chemical & Metals/Minerals industry sectors. Daily prospecting and proactive sales engagement are essential duties. Success in this role will be based on opportunity creation, closing and revenue generation with new and existing clients. Overall the successful candidate will exhibit a client focused positive attitude to differentiate BV from the competition. Be ready to deal with diverse challenges every day and come to win-win solutions for clients and the Bureau Veritas team.
- Responsible for prospecting and closing revenue generating opportunities related to Energy & Chemical inspection & testing services.
- Gain full understanding of client organizations within these markets, their business models, supply chain, goals and strategies to drive business development activities.
- Hunter mentality with Account Management skills required.
- Preferred knowledge of O&G associated infrastructure: import/export operations, terminals, production, refining, feedstocks, pipeline and storage.
- Negotiate pricing, contracts, RFP’s with clients while following BVNA’s policies
- Continuously setup client meetings and presentations along with participating in training seminars and/or tradeshows
- Build a pipeline and document activities in CRM (Accounts, Opportunities, Contacts, Visit reporting, etc.)
- Leverage BVNA group knowledge of applicable Testing, Inspection and Certification standards to create client value propositions across all BVNA service lines
- Asist with improvement in customer satisfaction ratings, nps, etc.
- Management and mitigation of customer complaint issues
- Ability to negotiate and close client contracts, and agreements in the best interests of BV
- Provide and implement growth strategy with leadership team to eliminate gaps.
- Maximize client satisfaction and retention
- Effectively manage a set of 25-50 current clients
- Demonstrate initiative in acquiring new product knowledge, keeping current with product changes and new product development activities
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Create, advance and close opportunities in sales pipeline
- Exceed revenue target assignment on a quarterly basis
- Achieve or exceed activity KPI’s (e.g. – Calls & Meetings)
- Consistent attainment of company sales growth and profitability goals
- Daily management is sales pipeline in CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Self-motivated, self-starter that enjoys the marketing and sales environment
- Proven sales and negotiating skills
- 5+ years of business development/sales experience including lead/opportunity management with proven services sales track record
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills required
- Proven ability to balance multiple competing priorities, meeting deadlines, be responsive and thrive in a team environment
- Willingness to learn and to rapidly adapt to changing market conditions
- Understanding of basic financial controls and metrics
- Leadership and Teamwork - Ability to interface and effectively work with various groups and cultures involved (partners, government, agencies, contractors, operations, etc.), and gain alignment to achieve objectives
- Ability to lead by example and use influence internally to attain goals
- Road Warrior - ability to travel 50-75% or more of the time
- TWIC card required in the first 30 days
- Houston Safety Council training courses required within the 30 days
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license required.