Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over 16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, administration, business development, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Support the achievement of Business Development Department’s annual TBD goal by targeting Inside Sales’ specific annual revenue target through responsive and proactive consultative selling with target audience. Responsible for addressing new opportunity inquiries via phone, web and email contacts as well as proactive demand generation for sales campaigns, targeted regional growth opportunities and specific Americold projects and service offerings. Act as development department for succession planning into Regional and Key Account roles.
- National responsibility for developing supply chain solutions for opportunities up to $250k +/year in value
- Monitor and respond to requests via telephone, email, web inquiries, conference and exhibition interest, and support for the Regional BD team
- Determine entirety of customer need through a consultative sell approach
- Review capacity reporting and revenue management targets to identify best-possible storage location for customer solutions
- Identify most appropriate Americold solution set, including storage, transportation and appropriate value-adding service enhancements to develop comprehensive, value-based solution
- Negotiate best pricing that wins business from customer but provides greatest commercial advantage for Americold, while adhering to Americold’s Commercial Business Rules framework
- Manage full sales cycle program from lead nurturing and development, through to execution of commercial agreement, including alignment of required internal functional groups, and business onboarding
- If applicable or if opportunity is a commercial business rules exception, channel inquiry through Americold’s Proposal Development Process and work with assigned resources to provide best possible solution for customer
- Proactively engage customers to maintain relationships and encourage renewals for future growth opportunity
- Coordinate additional business development activities
- Cold calls to old and new customers, target lists and lost accounts etc.
- Qualify leads as appropriate and add to/update salesforce.com
- Proactive account maintenance calls and follow up as needed
- Provide support to Key Accounts and Regional Sales teams (opportunity generation) as needed
- Assist with outbound calling campaigns to support ICU sites, service and product promotions etc.
- Ongoing support related to data collection and reporting
- Utilize customer profile data, KPIs, and business trend data
- Maintain/clean up customer communication list (email/salesforce.com etc.)
- Perform other misc. sales support functions as requested/required
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related area, or 3 years of equivalent business training and experience..
- Very strong, customer-oriented listening and communication skills
- Ability to think beyond answers and information customer provides to determine a strategic solution to support the customer’s supply chain concerns
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of salesforce.com an advantage
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Self-directed in task management
- Flexibility and initiative
- Knowledge of commonly-used sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Food & Beverage and/or Warehouse industry knowledge/experience a plus
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; hear or talk: use close vision; use hands to grasp, handle or feel objects; and type and manipulate controls. Employee is occasionally required to use distance vision, stand, kneel or crouch and lift up to 10 lbs.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.