Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: We are currently seeking a Director to lead Technical Account Management (TAM to join our Global Professional Services (GPS) team in North America. As an outstanding customer facing technical leader you will lead PayPal’s Technical Account Management function. Forming partnerships with commercial and operational counterparts, you will have responsibility for the technical servicing of PayPal’s largest accounts globally. Together with your teams, you will ensure any production technical issues are resolved promptly. Additionally, you will act as a trusted advisor for PayPal’s Enterprise base; proactively driving best in class servicing and implementation of the PayPal platform to ensure world-class commerce experiences and fuel merchant growth. We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, exceptional technical skills, and a solid business acumen. As Director of Technical Account Management, we will look for you to use your technology and business intelligence to help lead multiple teams, set strategy, and lead your segment to success. The role requires internal cross team participation with key internal stakeholder teams such as Product, Engineering, GPS, Customer Success, and Sales – for whom close collaboration is a must. This position requires ~5% travel.
- Your team owns the technical relationships with PayPal’s largest accounts by maintaining a portfolio reactive and proactive Technical Account Management. Thus, leveraging the provision of premium technical servicing to identify upsell and optimization opportunities to adhere to best practices and cross-sell new solutions.
- Lead GPS TAM team(s), forming strategies that not only champion servicing, but seek out cross & upsell and optimization opportunities. You will lead initiatives through to execution.
- Provide visible people leadership, promoting the succession and development of PayPal’s best talent in line with its people values. Support Technical Account Managers issues escalation and clear roadblocks on their behalf if required.
- Build strong relationships with Sales and Customer Success teams, working together with peer leaders to devise strategy and plans for growth across the portfolio.
- Ensure you’re a part of the technical relationship on top accounts. Influence the Product roadmap by supplying prioritized account driven feedback. Help your account monetize their platform. Drive opportunities to future proof their integrations.
- Establish the management practice of establishing high functioning teams. Target, track and report team performance, using multiple sources of data to refine execution and resourcing plans. Ensure your team members are resourced to support the relationship in accordance to service levels and commitments.
- Become a change agent where necessary. Champion best in class efficiencies by challenging the status quo and introducing new and scalable approaches across the team.
- Develop strong working synergies across all PayPal functions, peers and stakeholders to champion, and drive, the merchant experience.
- Significant experience of leading at customer facing technical teams and partnering with a sales organization. Can demonstrate strength in driving business results through influence and motivating reports.
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of work experience in technical delivery / solutioning, product development, or technical servicing roles.
- Fosters an environment that owns and solves complex technicalchallenges for the most important and demanding customer base.
- Proven ability to manage and influence stakeholders at multiple levels, across different functions and locations. Navigates organizational boundaries and cultures to execute for their customers.
- Customer focused and change agent with detailed understanding of how to inspire teams to create innovative, customer driven servicing solutions and the critical commercial value this provides.
- Passion to secure, retain and develop talent.
- Inspirational Coach. Willingness to share expertise and formally introduce new methodologies to drive efficiencies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Bachelor’s with 8+ years of experience or Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant experience in solution engineering or technical management a must.
- Expert with Web Services and experience in e-commerce software including shopping carts and related tools.
- Strong business acumen of payment processing and gateways is a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate in a global and remote environment
- Must be open to off business hours escalations from customers and team members
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.