Position Title: Service Advisor
Organization Level: Service Sales
Organization: Service Organization
Reports To: Service Sales Manager
An integral and vital part of the customer service experience is the manner in which service personnel interact with our customers. This position is crucial to achieve the highest customer satisfaction by performing his / her duties in accordance with current OEM practices and our company’s and procedures.
- This position is responsible for the receipt and flow of all incoming work, communication with customers and constant communication with all other internal departments.
- Greet customers in a timely, friendly manner and obtain all specific vehicle / customer information required for proper repairs, contacting customer and invoicing.
- Write up customers’ vehicle issues and concerns or maintenance requirements accurately and clearly.
- Obtain customer signature on the repair order and provide customer a copy of the repair order.
- Must be able to understand, communicate, and evaluate all vendors and Int’l. Warranty guidelines, approval processes and policies during the write up and repair process.
- Establish customers’ method of payment, Purchase Order requirements and estimate requirements if needed at time of write up.
- Investigate progress of vehicle repairs and contact customer with status changes / promise time if required.
- Ensure vehicles are parked in assigned areas, trucks are locked and keys are tagged and properly stored.
- Explain completed work and charges to the customer.
- Keep up to date on all warranty policies and product changes to maintain effectiveness in this role.
- Have the ability to utilize ISIS at the time of write up.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration
for this position:
- Minimum of 5 years Technical and / or supervisory experience in the Medium /Heavy Duty truck industry.
- High degree of product and technical knowledge.
- Must be a team player with a strong sense of commitment to the customer.
- Must be self-motivated and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must conduct his / her self in a professional manner.
- Have the ability to work other shifts for coverage of sick days or vacation relief.
Qualifications that are WANTED in a candidate:
- Microsoft programs and applications would be useful in this role.
- Good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of International and supplier / vendors warranty policies.
- Possess valid Class A - Commercial Driver’s License
- The knowledge and understanding to communicate service maintenance requirements i.e. Oil change interval, axle lube changes, required adjustments etc.
Gross Service Sales
CSP Customer Response:
- Helpfulness of the Service Advisor
- Courteous Treatment by the service staff
- Explanation of Service Charges
- Accuracy of job write up by service advisor
- Service Advisors concern about vehicle downtime
What We Offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- PTO/ Holiday Pay
This is not necessarily a list of all of the duties, responsibilities and requirements associated with this position. While the accountabilities noted herein are intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the dealership reserves the right to revise the functions and duties as circumstances change.
Job Type: Full-time