To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Scenarios team within the Office of Innovation develops futures-oriented content and experiences that help leaders - both at Salesforce and in our customers - to understand possible futures and to make better decisions. We work closely with Salesforce Chief Futures Officer, and one of the founders of the field of scenario planning, Peter Schwartz. As part of Salesforce’s commitment to helping customers succeed and helping our customers connect to their customers and grow, this work responds to growing uncertainty and volatility in the business environment. We drive meaningful strategic conversations and build trusted advisor relationships.
We explore relevant emerging issues, make sense of them, often through the use of scenario narratives, and deliver differentiated, credible, and actionable advice. Issues we have explored recently include the evolution of the COVID pandemic and its immediate and longer-term impacts, the growing impact of climate change and the rise in commitments to take action to mitigate it, and the future of hybrid work.
We leverage a range of tools and content formats to reach audiences, including presentations, videos and prototypes, workshops, and scenario simulations and publications. We contribute to internal strategic conversations, broadcast at scale through Salesforce owned channels (blog, social) and 3rd parties (World Economic Forum, media), and also tailor direct engagement with customer executives, both directly and by enabling the broader strategic advisor and executive sponsor community. In all of these efforts, we coordinate closely with stakeholders across the company, and often with external partners. You can find examples of our work here.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- contribute to defining an agenda of future scenarios work;
- lead projects to develop new scenarios on strategic questions of relevance to Salesforce and our customers;
- develop creative ways of communicating scenarios and engaging with customers, including presentations, prototypes, simulations, and other;
- deliver this content directly and indirectly to internal and external audiences, and enable others to do the same;
- coordinate closely with colleagues from the Office of Innovation, including researchers, communications designers, and executives;
- provide direction and leadership - without explicit authority - to a broader range of external and internal partners and stakeholders, including communications, marketing, product, finance, and strategy functions;
- develop operational rigor around the development and use of scenarios, including assessments of their impact and quality;
- Curious, analytical, and well-read, you bring unique insights and a systems thinking approach to help extend Salesforce's futures perspectives.
- Inspiring and creative, you are adept at leading the creation of c-suite ready assets that help unlock new insights and build trusted relationships with executives.
- You display quick learning, initiative, resourcefulness, persistence, teamwork, and creativity to lead complex projects with a wide variety of internal and external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Preferred: Understanding of and familiarity with Salesforce brand and products, and experience navigating across the Salesforce ecosystem (cross-functional leadership internally and our product and services partners)
Scenarios & Strategy
- Background in scenarios or futures work with senior executive clients preferred. Deep understanding of mental models and key decisions of corporate strategy required.
- Has worked closely with C-Suite and/or previously led organizations or business units, developing an appreciation for the breadth of responsibility and complexity that falls upon these leaders
- Proven ability to establish trust and rapport with a wide group of stakeholders - key to establishing formal and informal partnerships and alliances
- Global perspective (multi-lingual, multi-cultural experiences a plus)
- Proven track record of recognizing and understanding patterns of similarity and differences across geographies and industries
- Cross-industry experience: Has worked with a minimum of 4 industries (directly or through consulting) in 3 global regions
- Ability to plan/design, organize, coordinate and manage operational processes for content creation, publishing, and activation
- Extensive background in creating and/or distributing executive communications. You understand the language of the C-Suite and would feel right at home in a Davos roundtable.
- Have demonstrated confidence and credibility in public speaking; and have significant experience working with executives and consultants in a training/presentation environment.
- Overall outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form.
Educational and work experience
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years experience in scenarios, strategy or digital transformation, or equivalent fields of interest
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being named one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For®" 2020 — 12 years in a row.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $140,300 . You may also be entitled to receive bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.