Join Intel-and build a better tomorrow. Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. So join us-and help us create the next generation of technologies that will shape the future for decades to come.
Corporate Services (CS) touches the lives of every Intel employee every day. CS creates an environment where employees can prosper while creating the innovative technologies that make amazing possible. Our scope is vast and includes operating and maintaining all Intel sites, offices, labs and factories globally as well as onsite services and experiences that help employees stay safe and productive. CS also helps to make Intel and our community a greener place by supporting Intel's commitment to environmental sustainability, including investing in conservation projects, setting company-wide environmental targets and driving reductions in greenhouse emissions, energy use, water use and waste generation.
In addition, CS approaches Diversity & Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do! We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. Corporate Services values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Corporate Services’ success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make Corporate Services your workplace of choice today!
In this position, you will play a significant role in helping to develop, operate, maintain, and repair industrial water facility systems, including dissolved solids thermal treatment equipment, or biological systems, in a 24x7 manufacturing environment. Results are delivered through the application of engineering skills and tools, systematic problem solving, statistical validation of system performance, collaboration with the facilities technicians, peer engineers, equipment suppliers, and key stakeholders through an in-depth understanding of the operating systems to determine and ensure compliance to existing standards and processes.
As a TD WATR Facilities Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver best in planet industrial water system performance thru equipment sustaining support and technical guidance to sustaining facility teams to provide for safe, uninterrupted factory operations while reducing operating costs and improving operational quality and efficiency.
- On-call responsibilities, including 24x7 support on nights and weekends.
- Maintain Plan of Record documentation and specifications governing system design, troubleshooting, and operations.
- Daily planning and coordination of work with engineering and technician teams.
- Provide direct support and maintain periodic communication with key suppliers to ensure the latest and most cost-effective solutions are implemented and that technical accuracy is maintained in master specifications and standards.
- Running different analytical equipment and work with the team in developing different test methods.
- Assist other engineers in the assessment of process health and defect identification through data lab data mining and correlation.
- Own hands-on physical analysis, including sample preparation and distribution.
- Assignments are semi-routine but may include a wide array of laboratory techniques and skills, equipment maintenance, and process/controls troubleshooting.
- Work from technical documents, design layout, written Best Known Methods (BKMs), and/or verbal directions to complete tasks in assigned areas.
- Develop and edit technical documents, including operating documents, job plans, and troubleshooting documents.
- Maintain necessary records and reports. Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- Use basic skills with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
The successful candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- General system troubleshooting skills.
What we offer:
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth. As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and exciting environment-where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work.
- We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
This is an entry-level position and will be compensated accordingly. You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience would be obtained through a combination of prior education level classes, and current level school classes, projects, research, and relevant previous job and/or internship experience. Position not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
The candidate must possess at least one of the following degrees plus the years of experience determined for each degree in the areas specified below:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering or Science discipline with 3+ years of experience.
- Master's degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering or Science discipline with 2+ years of experience.
Experience must be in: Manufacturing, Equipment/System Ownership, Water Purification/Treatment Operations, or Wastewater Laboratory.
- Field instrumentation and controls logic.
- Related operation, design, and construction standard practices.
- Water treatment equipment and processes, such as biological treatment systems, reverse osmosis, and thermal evaporation systems.
- Performing specific analytical analyses to measure water quality analytes such as TDS, turbidity, pH, TOC, -TN, NO3, NH3, TSS, Total Hardness, H2O2, COD, Dissolved Oxygen, ORP, Cl, Phosphorous, MLSS, MLVSS, and bacteriological testing.
- Maintaining complex analytical instruments such as those for measurement of TDS, turbidity, pH, TOC, TN, NO3, NH3, TSS, Total Hardness, H2O2, COD, Dissolved Oxygen, ORP, Cl, and phosphorous.
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art - from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology Development and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.