This position requires extensive travel, and remote working opportunities are available.
The Business Development Manager cultivates bidding opportunities with new and existing customers for the underlayment specialty and deep foundation solution groups. This is an outside sales role that requires close collaboration with Division Management, Pre-Construction Managers and Estimators to identify, prioritize and capture projects. Duties include:
- Aggressively market Kent Companies capabilities to new and existing customer segments.
- Develop and prioritize customer list in collaboration with Division Management and Pre-Construction.
- Develop strategies to expand Kent Companies footprint with current customers and in new territories.
- Set aggressive weekly, monthly and quarterly goals for business development activities including customer engagement, bid invites and sales.
- Provide consistent follow up on all bids submitted by the division, reporting on KPIs including hit ratio and bid status.
- Capture market information to enhance proposals or differentiate Kent Companies
- Represent Kent Companies at industry events and lead participation in formal and informal networking opportunities.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and implement campaigns and resources that enhance Kent Companies market position and customer conversion.
Construction industry experience highly preferred, as well as experience with commercial outside sales, generating business leads and bidding opportunities.
About Kent Companies
Kent Companies is a 3rd-generation, family-owned business with over 1,500+ construction professionals working in nine offices across the country. We re ranked in the top 10 concrete contractors nationwide. Our people are our first priority. We invest in safety , training and development for every member of our team. Learn more at www.kentcompanies.com.
See the latest jobsite updates on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kentcompanies/
Why Join the Kent Family?
We believe in providing challenging work, opportunities for professional development and industry-leading compensation packages. And it s all wrapped in a culture that s built on values and integrity.
Learn more about our team culture here:
What Happens Next?
After you submit an application, it goes straight to our Human Resources team, and we review every application received.
Learn more about our hiring and on-boarding process here: http://www.kentcompanies.com/careers/our-hiring-process/