We are currently looking for a passionate Food Sales Professional to become our next Director of Sales for the WestRegion who embody our values and is looking to join America’s leader in Hispanic perishables. The Director of Sales is responsible in the delivery and execution for the Division’s sales and profit objectives, with the goal of supporting the strategic plan, maximizing the company’s profits and driving above market share growth.
At Cacique eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and short term disability. As well as vacation, sick, holiday pay, birthday day off, 401k with company match, and more!
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for crafting , directing sales strategies and processes to support sales growth and profitability.
- Responsible for the West Region’s and reporting Regions’ annual budget to achieve strategic goals. Prepares, justifies and manages the annual Region's budget.
- Communicates and shares Company vision throughout division/organization and provide cross-functional perspective, direction, and support.
- Drives Company focus, manage culture, encourage strong work ethic, and foster an environment of trust and respect.
- Responsible for hiring and developing the respective Division’s Sales Team, managing their performance and completing their annual performance review. Provides leadership and personal support; coach, guide, nurture and develop the right people; “walk the talk.”
- Develops group and individual performance plans in alignment with Company goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined individual and group objectives.
- Communicates and supports Company policies and decisions in a positive manner.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Responsible for budgeting, planning, goal setting, customer relations development, account penetration and expansion of distribution.
- Oversees and directs all aspects of Region’s Profit & Loss Statement. Providing monthly comprehensive analysis and recap detail of P&L results ; activities, sales, expenses and net income.
- Develops and directs Region’s annual sales plan to meet or exceed sales and profit expectations. The plan includes but is not limited to: setting Gross & Net $ plan, Profitability Goal, Expenses and Expansion. This requires the Region's in meeting targeted completion dates for all aspects of the budgeting process.
- Implements Marketing sales programs, coordinating execution with direct reports and ensuring proper ROI is achieved related to the investment made with the retailer account. Works closely with the Marketing Team, providing feedback on programming and input to increase sales results and execution performance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with all key retail partner’s decision-makers and provides direction to broker.
- Strong relationships must be built at Senior levels within the retailer, distributor and wholesaler accounts.
- Directs and monitors formal training and development programs of sales team personnel to develop sales skill such as: presentation skills, negotiation skills, analytical methods and category management concepts. Proactive in the evaluation and improvement of sales structure to maximize productivity of human capital.
Established in 1973, Cacique® has affirmed itself as America's leader in Hispanic perishables. Our product offerings span from fresh cheeses, table creams, and processed cheese to cured meats and drinkable yogurts. Our company has a leadership position amongst the Hispanic population nationwide and enjoys a steady path of growth. We are a very dedicated and competitive family owned company which offers an excellent environment in which to thrive and grow.
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
- Industry knowledge: Understands the buying and promotional practices of the Grocery/perishables industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sales Presentation ability: Able to prepare and successfully present detailed sales programs using the principles of category management, syndicated market share information, internal sales data, and customer specific information.
- Business knowledge: Understands the inter-relationships between various company functions- Production, warehousing, accounting, customer service, sales and marketing and how each relates to satisfying customer’s account.
- Problem solving: Solves problems by gathering the appropriate facts and applying analytical tools. Uses teamwork to maximize the results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% of the time not inclusive of time in home office.
“Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at anytime.”
- BS degree in a Business Administration or related field required. MBA Preferred.
- 10 Years of experience in Grocery or Dairy Industry required.
- Directing operations in multiple regions with multiple distribution channels is a must/helpful.
- Profit & Loss: Forecasting and controlling sales revenues, managing fixed and variable costs to achieve a planned profit margin.
- Planning: Interpreting data trends and forecasting sales and expenses in order to prepare and manage detailed annual business plans.
- Leadership: Motivating sales team towards accomplishing common goals. Promoting team effectiveness and cohesion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.