BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Financial Analyst assists in providing financial guidance and business partnership to Sales Organization with key focus on top customers within each retail environment or channel. Must have the ability to leverage our financial tools to provide information to support decision making, with the end goal of maximizing profitability for BIC and our customers.
- Responsible for preparing, compiling, and distributing daily, weekly, and monthly reporting packages to sales organization and senior leadership
- Collaborating with Supply Chain on revenue reporting and demand planning meetings
- Assist in evaluating financial risks, recommend solutions and identify opportunities.
- Prepare pro-forma P&Ls based on data derived from collaboration with sales organization and make recommendations to assist in customer planning and budgeting
- Trade Spend (Business Development Funds) monthly reconciliation with BDM and SVP Sales
Assist in driving efficiency and effectiveness of investments
- Event level ROI (Pre and Post evaluation)
- Customer KPI’s
- P&L analysis and management
- Analyze and inform customer teams on performance against internal goals
- Sales award calculation and communication on a quarterly basis
- Work with manager on annual budget planning (revenue and trade spend)
- Approve Price Exceptions and BDF events within sales budget thresholds
- Support Manager on special projects as needed
- Work and communicate efficiently with other finance team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance required
- 3+ Years’ finance experience in profit driven organization, preferably in Consumer Products
- Advanced computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong time management skills
- Experience in COGNOS a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to influence the audience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong knowledge of budgeting and forecasting are essential
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.