Special Event Proz is a fast-growing, full-scale event design and production company that focuses on weddings, birthdays, Bar & Bat Mitzvahs, and corporate events. We are looking for a sales person to support the sales manager in contacting leads, following up, setting appointments, and closing deals. The sales person will work closely with the sales manager and operations manager to maintain a smooth, efficient, and fun workflow. This is a great job for recent grads who want to expand on their experience and learn about the events industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacting potential clients, businesses, venues, hotels, to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
- Know or learn how to use our CRM (Zoho)
- Schedule online presentations, screen-shares, and in-person meetings with clients via email and phone.
- Coordinating with the sales & operations teams and taking charge of client outreach initiatives.
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting on sales team data.
- Assist in implementing sales strategies for the team.
- Responding to sales queries via phone, email, text, and chat.
- Maintain client databases.
- Researching organizations, competitors, and individuals for new business opportunities.
- Planning itinerary for daily tasks.
- Developing quotes and proposals for clients.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Serve customers by selling additional products and meeting customer needs.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Who you are:
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Charming and client-focused
- Ability to operate independently with little or no direction
- Effective decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable being versatile in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Comfortable speaking on the phone, in person, and over email and text
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, communications, or a related field.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience.
- 2+ years of sales experience and customer service experience preferred
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks, proficient in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and help desk support software.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English (Spanish and other languages are a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Skills in closing deals, territory management, prospection, and negotiation
- Willingness to learn about our services and products
- Passion for developing lasting relationships with clients and other vendors
- Hourly plus commission of 5%
- Flexible hours (20-40 hours per week)
- Flexible work location (mostly remote, partly in-person)
- Ability to offer limited services to a non-profit of your choice
- Learn new sales techniques
- Gain knowledge to create a career in the event industry
- Option to work weekend events for additional income
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations