Inside Sales Representatives work with customers to ensure a smooth sales process and maintain and grow existing business in small and mid-sized accounts . ISRs must possess excellent customer service skills and will serve our customers as a pooled resource and ensure that orders are entered accurately, in a timely manner, and achieve proper margin.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage multiple customer accounts to achieve growth and margin objectives
- Create and follow up on quotes
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes, or returns
- Act as a shared resource, servicing prospects and customers on a "first-come, first-serve" basis
- Grow existing accounts via upselling
- Identify potential growth opportunities within an account and coordinate with outside sales representatives to provide timely service
- Determine customer requirements and expectations; recommend specific products and solutions
- Service customers by proactively keeping them informed of their quote/order status and delays, responding quickly to customer outreach, answering customers questions, troubleshooting, and resolving issues, etc.
- Recommend alternative products based on cost, availability, or specifications
- Demonstrate the ability to cross-sell and up-sell
- Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction and communicates effectively and efficiently within MCE to address issues
- Identify accounts which are declining in sales and proactively reach out to them to ask for additional orders
- Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customer profiles
- Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
- Educate customers about terminology, features, and benefits of products to improve product-related sales and customer satisfaction
- Communicate to the Purchasing department unexpected increases or decreases in demand for products
- Manage time effectively, meets personal goals, and works effectively with members of the warehouse
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Industrial sales experience for fluid power products
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Persuasive and goal oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or six months to one-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses, and registrations required: Parker PTAC Core Certified
- Computer skills required: ERP, CRM, Inventory Software, Microsoft Office Suite