It's an exciting time for Alogent, a rapidly growing company! We are a financial software technology company with over 20 years of experience. We provide dynamic check-image capture, document management and digital banking solutions to all segments of the banking industry ranging from credit unions and community banks to Tier-1 banks. Our proven solutions are designed to deliver strategic goals of reduced costs, increased efficiency, and enhanced services through any channel—in person, online or on the go. Over 2,400 institutions turn to Alogent to keep their competitive edge and satisfy changing demands.
Alogent is headquartered in Peachtree Corners, GA. Additional offices are located in Henderson, NV, and Carlsbad, CA, with regional teams across the US.
The Senior Director of IT Production Operations will utilize experience with hosted and cloud technologies to drive value to the business through the adoption of Alogent’s hosted and cloud operating model and lead the Datacenter Operation team and Corporate IT. This role will partner with the organization’s senior leaders and cross-functional teams to provide a clear path for Alogent’s Cloud and Hosted customers. The role will own the strategic plan for deploying and supporting our mission critical production systems, which are relied upon by financial institutions, involves aligning people, process and technology to ensure availability, performance and security objectives are consistently achieved. This role will also involve full Corporate IT responsibilities supporting critical corporate applications, data rooms, onboarding and security of corporate assets.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, goal-oriented, hands-on, relationship-skilled IT leader who possesses a strong capability to handle interruptions while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. This role reports to the SVP, Customer Success. The preference is for this position to be located in our Peachtree Corners, GA corporate office, but we will also consider remote candidates.
Note: Authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment, as we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
What You Will Do:
- Be responsible for implementing and maintaining stable, reliable and secure environments that ensure performance and up-time
- Execute initiatives to ensure Cloud environment can scale to meet Alogent’s business needs
- Drive quarterly and annual initiatives within the department to protect, improve, monitor, and scale the organization’s Datacenter and Cloud services
- Manage and maintain the relationship with Alogent’s hosting and managed services provider.
- Partner with the product teams to define and implement an overall strategy for application operations using DevOps principles and support to ensure scalability, fast delivery, provide reliable services and cost-effective operations
- Define and implement an overall strategy for application infrastructure optimization, performance and capacity
- Collaborate with DevOps, Security, Engineering, Products, and QA department leads to continually drive KPI improvements
- Implement a process methodology that provides predictable operational framework ensuring that operational activities are managed promptly, with repeatability; driving towards a highly scalable operational model while maintaining the appropriate controls to ensure compliance to SSAE16 SOC2 and other regulations
- Be responsible for managing the continuous flow of changes being deployed to the Productions systems
- Manage the 24/7/365 On-Call team to ensure organizational incident management objectives are achieved successfully
- Partner with DevOps to reduce operational tech debt
- Provide proactive capacity and performance management recommendations for improvements to ensure there are enough resources to grow with business demand while constantly looking to improve the efficiency of the hardware and personnel resources
- Assist with evaluations, feasibility studies, testing and recommendation of competing and alternative solutions which may assist the company in reaching its business objectives efficiently
- Manage, lead and mentor a Production Operations team
- Set strategy and allocates resources to support the Production systems
- Act as escalation point for the Production Operations team
- Direct line management responsibility for desktop support and corporate system administration team. Includes collaboration with office management staff and Human Resources for onboarding/termination processes
- Be responsible for corporate VM infrastructure (DEV/QA, critical Corporate applications) across all locations
- Be responsible for corporate telephony solutions and all office connectivity (within the facilities and external service providers)
- Represent the data center cloud team / participate in various client meetings as necessary
- Respond to client RFP/RFI requests as necessary
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
What We're Looking For:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree
- 7+ years of experience supporting high-traffic operational production environments
- Experience managing mission critical systems
- A successful track record of coaching and developing technical employees
- Able to design and recommend the best solutions without pre-existing technology bias
- Proven ability to identify and implement best in class solutions
- 5 years of experience administering a production environment (with an uptime target 99.9% or greater)
- At least 5 years of experience in a complex Windows/Linux environment.
- Proven ability to leverage automaton to streamline work and improve quality
- Experience with standard system administration tasks including server builds, security updates, software installs and system troubleshooting
- Experience deploying code to production environments while adhering to strict release management procedures.
- Experience with hosting and managed service providers and navigating their processes
- Experience managing and supporting corporate user community (desktop support, internal Dev/QA environments, telephony systems, SD-WAN, Internet Service Providers, etc.)
- Experience with various security functions (SOC audits, pen testing, remediation efforts) for both corporate and production data center functions
- Proven ability to manage problems: troubleshoot and resolve OS, software and network problems; dig to root cause; manage issues during a crisis
- Proficient, analytical, decisive and organized thinker and planner
- Experience managing client issues and communications during incidents
- Ability to manage many projects and priorities at the same time
- Excellent human relations, communication, organization and team building skills.
- Capable of managing multiple locations, including remote staff.
- Travel requirement approximately 25%.
- Knowledge of banking and/or credit union industry (FinTech) a plus.
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Protection Program
- Excellent 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off (PTO) and Holidays
- Wellness programs
- Monthly Eat, Learn, Grow session on various topics
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team
- A diverse work atmosphere
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Equal Employment Opportunity
Family and Medical Leave Act
Alogent is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.