Are you passionate and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, “Yes!” then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 1,600 employees across 70 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what’s coming tomorrow.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Enthalpy Analytical, is part of the larger organization, Montrose Environmental Group, is comprised of over 9 laboratories servicing air, water, soil, tobacco, cannabis, and toxicity testing. Regulations drive the need for our services, but our unique capabilities allow us to add value to clients beyond environmental compliance.
Our El Dorado Hills, CA facility is currently seeking a Full-Time Project Corrdinator to join our team.
As a key member of the laboratory team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- The Project Coordinator is accountable for coordinating and managing clients’ projects through all phases of laboratory operations, including but not limited to:
- Project set-up in laboratory database and maintenance with focus on client contact information, analysis, turn-around-times and deliverables
- Initiating bottle orders
- Sample login review
- Delivery of acknowledgment letters and communication of anomalies and/or analytical issues
- Tracking project progress, updating all required databases as needed
- Timely report and data delivery
- The Project Coordinator role fosters and develops positive client and colleague relationships.
- Anticipates possible problems or inconsistencies with laboratory operations/processes and drives mid-course changes and corrections in order to avoid customer dissatisfaction.
- Ensures the accuracy of project-specific requirements.
- Communicates with clients about the nature of the samples being submitted to the lab and any potentially hazardous substances. Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and of hazards and safety precautions related to using chemicals and to performing tests on potentially hazardous substances.
- Works closely with the lab to ensure that turn-around-times, short hold times and other sample issues are thoroughly communicated and followed through.
- Prioritizes the workday based on deadlines, workload, and other related factors.
- Provides administrative support to sales staff.
- Participates, when requested, in internal and external audits.
- Keeps work area clean, neat and organized.
- Comply with Enthalpy’s Quality Assurance Program and other policies
- Comply with Enthalpy’s Health and Safety Plan
- Other duties as assigned by the Group Leader or Lab Director
- Occasional unplanned overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Lifting or moving objects up to 30lbs
- Repetitive hand motions
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in the chemical, environmental, physical or biological sciences Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications. Laboratory Information Systems (LIMS) software experience is desired.
- Preferred experience working for an environmental laboratory company with progressive responsibilities as a Customer Service Representative, and/or Account Management/Sales.
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry processes and motivation to learn a wide variety of routine environmental testing procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to relate professionally with outside clients as well as establish productive working relationships with laboratory and management personnel while also acting as a customer advocate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a fluid environment while accommodating priorities for both customers and internal operations.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent changes and altered priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to anticipate and recognize problems and communicate details with laboratory and management personnel, assisting with diagnosing root causes and taking corrective action to prevent recurrence.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified.
MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs – and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we’d love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.